Old July 15th 04, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Vodafone Remaining Minutes

Can somebody tell me how to find out how many remaining minutes I have with
my Vodafone contract fone. Have tried their website, tried Google, tried
Vodafone Live, tried online billing but all with no luck. Is there a
special number to call?

Thanks,

Andy

Old July 17th 04, 01:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Andrew Portess" wrote in message
Can somebody tell me how to find out how many remaining minutes I have with
my Vodafone contract fone. Have tried their website, tried Google, tried
Vodafone Live, tried online billing but all with no luck. Is there a
special number to call?
Thanks,
Andy

Which Service provider are you with?

Steve Terry

Old July 17th 04, 09:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

At 20:31:33 on Thu, 15 Jul 2004 Andrew Portess
wrote about "Vodafone Remaining
Minutes"
Can somebody tell me how to find out how many remaining minutes I have with
my Vodafone contract fone. Have tried their website, tried Google, tried
Vodafone Live, tried online billing but all with no luck. Is there a
special number to call?

There are no GSM codes that I'm aware of. However, if you programme
191pp2pp1 into your address book it'll dial 191 and, with the
appropriate pauses, navigate the voice prompts to send you a text with
remaining minutes, number of texts sent, amount of GPRS data used,
current unbilled costs etc...

This is for contract - not sure if it applies to PAYG or not.
Old July 18th 04, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"david" wrote in message
news
At 20:31:33 on Thu, 15 Jul 2004 Andrew Portess
wrote about "Vodafone Remaining
Minutes"
Can somebody tell me how to find out how many remaining minutes I have

with
my Vodafone contract fone. Have tried their website, tried Google, tried
Vodafone Live, tried online billing but all with no luck. Is there a
special number to call?

There are no GSM codes that I'm aware of. However, if you programme
191pp2pp1 into your address book it'll dial 191 and, with the
appropriate pauses, navigate the voice prompts to send you a text with
remaining minutes, number of texts sent, amount of GPRS data used,
current unbilled costs etc...

This is for contract - not sure if it applies to PAYG or not.

Brilliant, thank you very much.

Andy

Old July 18th 04, 09:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Gavin" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 19:01:54 +0100, "Andrew Portess"
wrote:

"david" wrote in message
news
At 20:31:33 on Thu, 15 Jul 2004 Andrew Portess
wrote about "Vodafone Remaining
Minutes"
Can somebody tell me how to find out how many remaining minutes I have

with
my Vodafone contract fone. Have tried their website, tried Google,

tried
Vodafone Live, tried online billing but all with no luck. Is there a
special number to call?

There are no GSM codes that I'm aware of. However, if you programme
191pp2pp1 into your address book it'll dial 191 and, with the
appropriate pauses, navigate the voice prompts to send you a text with
remaining minutes, number of texts sent, amount of GPRS data used,
current unbilled costs etc...

This is for contract - not sure if it applies to PAYG or not.

Brilliant, thank you very much.

Andy

Mine just says please hold wilst we transfer you to an adviser not
text me back

Did you put the pauses in properly? You get them by holding down the * key.

Works fine for me.

Ray Martin

Old July 19th 04, 07:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Ray Martin" wrote in message ...
"Gavin" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 19:01:54 +0100, "Andrew Portess"
wrote:

"david" wrote in message
news At 20:31:33 on Thu, 15 Jul 2004 Andrew Portess
[...]

is it free to call 191 on voda?
Old July 19th 04, 08:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Calls to 191 are free from a vodafone mobile.

I don't use 191 that much so haven't actually checked my bill to see if its
free or included in my inclusive minutes.

Will be checking this month as intend using 191pp2pp1.
--
Gerry aka (The MOTH)
SG1 Edinburgh

'Time is short. Life is cruel. Its up to us to change, this town called
malice'
"EK Driver" wrote in message
om...

Old July 19th 04, 08:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Just had a look at the vodafone website and the contacts page:-

*Calls to 191 are free for all pay monthly customers. Calls to 191 and 2345
are free for pay as you talk customers unless you choose to be transferred
to an advisor when you will be charged 25p per call.

--
Gerry aka (The MOTH)
SG1 Edinburgh

'Time is short. Life is cruel. Its up to us to change, this town called
malice'
"Gerry (The Moth)" wrote in
message ...
Calls to 191 are free from a vodafone mobile.

I don't use 191 that much so haven't actually checked my bill to see if

its
free or included in my inclusive minutes.

Will be checking this month as intend using 191pp2pp1.
--
Gerry aka (The MOTH)
SG1 Edinburgh

'Time is short. Life is cruel. Its up to us to change, this town called
malice'
"EK Driver" wrote in message
om...

Old July 19th 04, 10:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Gavin" wrote in message

Mine just says please hold wilst we transfer you to an adviser not
text me back

tried putting in the pauses and doing it live, ie 191 waiting for the
commands then keying the relevent number

If you are a business customer or a high value customer it will
automatically go to an operator to give you the 'personal touch.'

Also, only works for in-house Voda SP's. (VF Connect/Retail) Won't work for
CPW or singlepoint etc.

Andy

Old July 20th 04, 12:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

If you are a business customer or a high value customer it will
automatically go to an operator to give you the 'personal touch.'

Yes, the out-of-hours answer machine is a nice touch.

w/Voda Connect and I just get pushed through to an operator. (Noticed there's
no remaining minutes feature online either.)