Old August 10th 04, 06:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Hoping for some advice... thanks

i have been with t mobile since i cant remember when. as it happens i rarely
use the phone, i dont like them <g, but cant do without one!

at the moment i pay 9.99 + 20 mins of calls. i did have a deal for a year,
that just expired (but they didnt tell me!) of ú6 pm, because i couldnt go
PAYG (they wanted to charge and i was previously told they wouldnt).

so, now i am back to 9.99 but still dont use it to be paying that much. i
just spoke to them and got cut off whilst i was getting cross (hmmmm) and
apparently to go PAYG now, i would lose my number! soooooooooo, what to do!
i have no special allegiance with t mobile. but i do want to keep the
number. i have had this handset for a year so i am probably entitled to an
upgrade, if i wanted to.

IF i stay contract, i want a cheap monthly rental and keep my number. are
onetel any good and do they "port"? are there any other cheap deals that may
suit me with other networks. i probably spend less than ú3pm on calls. (and
dont be all shaking your heads wondering why i even have one! its for dark
and stormy nights!)

regards

rosie

Old August 10th 04, 07:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 07:55:38 +0100, rožie wrote:

IF i stay contract, i want a cheap monthly rental and keep my number. are
onetel any good and do they "port"? are there any other cheap deals that may
suit me with other networks. i probably spend less than ú3pm on calls. (and
dont be all shaking your heads wondering why i even have one! its for dark
and stormy nights!)

Have you thought of getting a Pay Monthly connection on Virgin Mobile?
You can certainly port into them, and since they run over the top of
T-Mobile the coverage patterns should be familiar to you. Additionally,
chances are the SIM will work even if your handset is locked.

--
-- Michael "Soruk" McConnell
Eridani MailStripper -- www.eridani.co.uk/MailStripper -- Uncovers Everything!
Old August 10th 04, 09:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 07:55:38 +0100, rožie wrote:

IF i stay contract, i want a cheap monthly rental and keep my number. are
onetel any good and do they "port"? are there any other cheap deals that may
suit me with other networks. i probably spend less than ú3pm on calls. (and
dont be all shaking your heads wondering why i even have one! its for dark
and stormy nights!)

Is your handset unlocked, or can it be unlocked? If so, you could buy a sim
card for another network and port your number.

Forward Cellular have a Vodafone sim-only deal available, with a cashback
after the second month that means you won't pay line rental for the first
year. The sim is ú26, and you get 200 minutes any network any time and free
weekend calls to landlines and Vodafone numbers for the first six months.
You need the port code from T-Mobile when you order.

--
Hedgehog

Check out the T Mobile cashback deals at www.forwardcellular.co.uk

If you don't want a 3100 etc, give them a call and they maybe able
to do you one Sim only?

Steve Terry

Old August 11th 04, 12:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
WLF WLF is offline

Check out the T Mobile cashback deals at www.forwardcellular.co.uk

If you don't want a 3100 etc, give them a call and they maybe able
to do you one Sim only?

Steve Terry

I asked them a couple of weeks back and they wouldn't.

Old August 12th 04, 03:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

om...

Check out the T Mobile cashback deals at www.forwardcellular.co.uk
If you don't want a 3100 etc, give them a call and they maybe able
to do you one Sim only?
Steve Terry

I asked them a couple of weeks back and they wouldn't.

I suspect T Mobile have smacked their bottom for splitting packs?

I guess Voda direct haven't yet ;-)

Steve Terry