Old August 13th 04, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default John-Unlocking shop - K700i

Is it possible to get rid of the Vodafone Live SW as yet. My son has one on
o2 and its fine, me and my wife have just got one each as an upgrade on voda
(25 each), but they've totally ruined the phone.

need to get them flashed or return them to voda.

\0\0\0\0\0

Old August 13th 04, 09:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Jon Jon is offline

":-\)" had a brainwave and did spout the following:
Is it possible to get rid of the Vodafone Live SW as yet. My son has one on
o2 and its fine, me and my wife have just got one each as an upgrade on voda
(25 each), but they've totally ruined the phone.

There is no solution yet.
--
www.unlockingshop.co.uk
T610 unlock/unbrand - 15
Old August 13th 04, 10:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

":-)" wrote in message
Is it possible to get rid of the Vodafone Live SW as yet. My son has one

on
o2 and its fine, me and my wife have just got one each as an upgrade on

voda
(25 each), but they've totally ruined the phone.

need to get them flashed or return them to voda.

nope not yet - cant unlock or flash them as yet

--

Regards

Colin
Motorola remote unlocking
NEW SonyEricsson RSA protected phones and Panasonic X60 remote unlocking
http://www.remoteunlocker.com/shop

Old August 13th 04, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Cheers guys, since posting have been reading allsorts about the branding.
Deffo gonna leave Vodafone now, they're branding everything it seems,
interesting post here :

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=65725

They don't seem to care. I phoned them back tonight asking if there was any
chance of them sending a couple of unbranded phones, but no chance it
seems,only stock they have is 'Live' phones. But they are gonna ring me back
with a solution apparently.
Have had a o2 P900 since last year and the only branding there was /is
startup and shutdown screens, the same as my sons K700i (methinks).

\0\0\0\0\0
Old August 13th 04, 11:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 22:43:57 GMT, ":-\)" wrote:

Cheers guys, since posting have been reading allsorts about the branding.
Deffo gonna leave Vodafone now, they're branding everything it seems,
interesting post here :

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=65725

They don't seem to care. I phoned them back tonight asking if there was any
chance of them sending a couple of unbranded phones, but no chance it
seems,only stock they have is 'Live' phones. But they are gonna ring me back
with a solution apparently.
Have had a o2 P900 since last year and the only branding there was /is
startup and shutdown screens, the same as my sons K700i (methinks).

I got an unbranded k700i on Vodafone from Phones4U. I just told them I
didn't want a nobbled phone and they were happy to give me a plain
one. Trouble ,is, I never realised Vodafone were so backward in the
voicemail department.

Dale Walker London Techno Events Saiko!

London, UK london.sorted.org saiko.sorted.org

Old August 14th 04, 06:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Jon Jon is offline

":-\)" had a brainwave and did spout the following:
Cheers guys, since posting have been reading allsorts about the branding.
Deffo gonna leave Vodafone now, they're branding everything it seems,
interesting post here :

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=65725

They don't seem to care. I phoned them back tonight asking if there was any
chance of them sending a couple of unbranded phones, but no chance it
seems,only stock they have is 'Live' phones. But they are gonna ring me back
with a solution apparently.
Have had a o2 P900 since last year and the only branding there was /is
startup and shutdown screens, the same as my sons K700i (methinks).

The vodafone isn't too bad really, as the functionality of right soft-
key (commonly called the 'more' button) has been relocated onto the 'C'
key just below it. Orange are the worst offenders when it comes to K700
branding.
Old August 14th 04, 09:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Jon" wrote in message
[...]

Has any complaint been made to OFCOMM on this?

Their predecessor OFTEL compelled the networks to offer unlocking - so you
can move your own phone to another network. Locking the phone to a
particular internet service (as did Cellnet on the early WAP phones) was
also stopped. The current branding surely seriously damages the the use of,
say, a Vodafone Live phone on Orange & vv and is therefore a unfair
constraint on trade.

Branding a phone should be allowed - arguably it is advantageous to the
dumber customer - but a master reset or a reflash at a company store should
return the phone to a generic state.

--
Stuart

July Sale - register BIZ domains for $4.95
http://www.bizzy.net/

Old August 14th 04, 11:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Is it right that a SE service point will flash my Voda Live phone with the
latest SE firmware, removing all of the Voda menu etc, and making it as
'left the factory'
One near me @ Cramlington I believe (70 mile away), but working in Leeds all
this week, anyone know one in Leeds area, or a CPW that does it ? Searched
but to no avail.

Need to decide whether to return them to Vodafone,is it a fortnight I have
to cancel ?

\0\0\0\0\0