Old August 27th 04, 09:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default recption quality on SE t630 suddenly degraded

2 days ago my Sony Ericsson T630 stopped getting a signal indoors (where the
signal was normally 4/5 bars previously). My girlfriend, on the same network
with a nokia 5210 has no problems at all and still gets a good signal
indoors. My t610 is also slow to respond on power on (i.e. crash like
symptoms but then recovers) - is this a known fault ?, - any workarounds
?? - i've tried power cycle/clean sim.

TIA

Old August 28th 04, 01:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"banzai" wrote in message
2 days ago my Sony Ericsson T630 stopped getting a signal indoors (where the
signal was normally 4/5 bars previously). My girlfriend, on the same network
with a nokia 5210 has no problems at all and still gets a good signal
indoors. My t610 is also slow to respond on power on (i.e. crash like
symptoms but then recovers) - is this a known fault ?, - any workarounds
?? - i've tried power cycle/clean sim.
TIA

Very likely water damage, I would guess it's less than 12 months old,
take to a SE SC to be repaired under SE guarantee,
but if water damaged, SE guarantee won't cover it.

Steve Terry

Old August 29th 04, 11:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"banzai" wrote in message
it's 2 months old, mint condition & never been near water (or damp
areas)....

<snip top post

Then wizz it up to a SE SC to be repaired under SE guarantee,
see right hand side of
http://www.usenetz.clara.co.uk/uk_ncs.htm

and please don't top post

Steve Terry