Old October 2nd 04, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.mobile

Default Phantom Calls on Orange

In message , Peter
Thurston writes
Has anyone else seen this? Each month I get a dozen of so phantom
calls on one of my Orange accounts. The account is an old account that
I converted to Virgin OVP and has been unused for months. The phone
and SIM sit in a draw, uncharged in my house. Coverage in my house is
almost non existant.

The calls account for pennies so I am not jumping out my skin, but the
idea of unmade calls is a little worrying and may indicate deeper
billing problems. The calls are all to an defunct (Xoip) voicemail
number of mine which I stopped using a few years ago when xoip died.
Curiosly they are for various times suggesting as a possibility that
they were real calls 'projected' into 2004! If you call the number you
get a recorded message.

Are you sure you haven't got a divert set up so that calls to your
Orange number are diverted to the voicemail number you mention?

[Follow-up set to uk.telecom.mobile]
--
Martin Jay

Old October 3rd 04, 03:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Martin Jay" wrote in message
In message , Peter
Thurston writes
Has anyone else seen this? Each month I get a dozen of so phantom
calls on one of my Orange accounts.

<snip

Are you sure you haven't got a divert set up so that calls to your
Orange number are diverted to the Voicemail number you mention?

Indeed, cancel all diverts

Steve Terry

Old October 4th 04, 01:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Steve Terry" wrote in message ...
"Martin Jay" wrote in message
In message , Peter
Thurston writes
Has anyone else seen this? Each month I get a dozen of so phantom
calls on one of my Orange accounts.

<snip

Are you sure you haven't got a divert set up so that calls to your
Orange number are diverted to the Voicemail number you mention?

Indeed, cancel all diverts

Steve Terry

Duh!!! Of course .... thanks [feeling a right idiot]