Old October 14th 04, 06:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Battery drain on 2100 due to keypad lights?

Hi..

The battery in my Nokia 2100 (same battery as 7210, 7250..) only seems
to last a day or two. Now, I'm not expecting standby times to be
anything like my 6310i (unfortunately), but this does seem rather short.

Th keypad lights are *fiercly* bright (they can easily illuminate a
pitch black room!). If I managed to disconnect them, would this improve
my battery life to any degree?

TIA.
Cap'n.

Old October 14th 04, 10:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Cap'n" wrote in message
Hi..

The battery in my Nokia 2100 (same battery as 7210, 7250..) only seems to
last a day or two. Now, I'm not expecting standby times to be anything
like my 6310i (unfortunately), but this does seem rather short.

Th keypad lights are *fiercly* bright (they can easily illuminate a pitch
black room!). If I managed to disconnect them, would this improve my
battery life to any degree?

TIA.
Cap'n.

Hi,

This should improve your battery life because with the lights been on
permanently, it will be draining the battery. I'm not sure about this phone
but on some there is an option in the phone settings to have the keypad
illuminated permanently, you may just need to switch it off.

Ben

--
Ben Miglinczy
http://www.mobileshop.com