Old July 6th 03, 05:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
AC AC is offline

Default O2 upgrades - expensive for Line Advance customers...

Hi All,

I am an O2 Customer (have been since 1995) - they offered me a Line Advance
Tariff about 3 years ago, which I have been on since - excellent line rental
(equiv. to 6pm plus 75 inclusive mins)

Had the last contract for 13mths so contacted them about a handset upgrade -
bloke said that there was a minimum 100 cost due to the good line rental on
the tariff.

So does this mean that they are giving with one hand yet taking with the
other. Seems the Line Advance deal is good if you intend to keep the same
handset for a relatively long time, but a regular monthly one would be a
lower cost overall if you want to take advantage of the newly released
handsets ?

Just curious...

--
Cheers

AC

Old July 6th 03, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
AC AC is offline

So does this mean that they are giving with one hand yet taking with the
other.

Of course it does. Do you seriously expect to be offered the same level of
handset subsidy as people paying 4-10 times per month as much as you?

Well, my last two upgrades have been free, whilst still being on a Line
Advance tariff - so unless O2 were *paying* people to upgrade, then I *was*
offered the same subsidy as people spending more

The policy has changed in the last few months

Why 4-10 ?What about those who pay 11 or 50 times what I do??!!! Are they
treated like 'high rollers' in the gambling world eg 5 free handsets per
annum plus a bluetooth headset!!!!!!

Old July 7th 03, 12:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"AC" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am an O2 Customer (have been since 1995) - they offered me a Line

Advance
Tariff about 3 years ago, which I have been on since - excellent line

rental
(equiv. to 6pm plus 75 inclusive mins)

Had the last contract for 13mths so contacted them about a handset

upgrade -
bloke said that there was a minimum 100 cost due to the good line rental

on
the tariff.

A year ago walked into an O2 shop in the middle of a two year line advance,
and walked out with a new [~200] phone (and the old one) for nothing,
although originally they wanted 20.

Struck me as pretty poor economics, but then I have just renewed the line
advance despite the standards of O2 cstomer service.