Old October 19th 04, 03:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Working PAYT O2 SIM suddenly becomes "unregistered SIM"?

A PAYT SIM which has been used regularly is now showing as
"unregistered SIM" on switching on. I suspect the children have been
playing with the phone, but what exactly does this mean and is there a
way of resolving it?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Old October 20th 04, 03:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"John Prendergast" wrote in message
A PAYT SIM which has been used regularly is now showing as
"unregistered SIM" on switching on. I suspect the children have been
playing with the phone, but what exactly does this mean and is there a
way of resolving it?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Are you sure it hasn't been 180 days since it's last use?
O2 will reclaim numbers not used for 180 days

Call or email O2 CS
useful numbers at
http://www.petesipple.co.uk/o2.html

Steve Terry

Old October 20th 04, 04:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 04:29:20 +0100, "Steve Terry"
wrote:

"John Prendergast" wrote in message
A PAYT SIM which has been used regularly is now showing as
"unregistered SIM" on switching on. I suspect the children have been
playing with the phone, but what exactly does this mean and is there a
way of resolving it?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Are you sure it hasn't been 180 days since it's last use?
O2 will reclaim numbers not used for 180 days

No, it's been used regularly, at least for incoming calls.

Call or email O2 CS
useful numbers at
http://www.petesipple.co.uk/o2.html

That will help. Thanks.

Old October 21st 04, 04:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Steve Terry" wrote in message

[snip]

That's right it has to be a chargeable call, every 4 or 5 months I make
quick weekend call to one of my O2 phones, from my 2 or 3 little used
O2 Sims (being the cheapest calls) to keep them active.

Voda PAYT now has to be every 90 days :-((

Steve Terry

How long before the rest follow..? Then we'll be back where we were when
PAYG first came out, with "calling credit" and "service credit" and of
course 3 requires a top up every 30 days.

Remember when it was one call every 365 days..? PAYG is fast *not*
becoming worth having...

Ivor

Old October 21st 04, 07:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Steve wrote:

If more than 180 days have ever elapsed between chargeable (and hence
outgoing) calls then the number may be HLR reclaimed. Or so O2 told
me.

Incoming calls are irrelevant in this respect.

Got some of those free O2 sims the other day and according to the
accompanying letter they have to be topped up with 10 pounds every 90
days or they get switched off - not to be confused with the top up ten
pounds a month to receive 300 free texts which you only need to do if
you want the text allowance. The standard high street O2 PAYG sim that
my other half has only requires a call to be made every six months with
no time limit on topping up. Has this always been the situation with
these O2 online free sims?

CT
Old October 22nd 04, 02:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Steve" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 08:27:08 +0100, Captain Trips
wrote:

Steve wrote:

If more than 180 days have ever elapsed between chargeable (and hence
outgoing) calls then the number may be HLR reclaimed. Or so O2 told
me.

Incoming calls are irrelevant in this respect.

Got some of those free O2 sims the other day and according to the
accompanying letter they have to be topped up with 10 pounds every 90
days or they get switched off - not to be confused with the top up ten
pounds a month to receive 300 free texts which you only need to do if
you want the text allowance. The standard high street O2 PAYG sim that
my other half has only requires a call to be made every six months with
no time limit on topping up. Has this always been the situation with
these O2 online free sims?

No, that's a change.

My letter from Feb '04 says you just lose your roll-over calltime
credits after 90 days and the "Small Print" booklet says (clause 7.1)
usage every 180 days else service will be cut-off .
Clause 11.1 allows O2 to change T&Cs with immediate effect giving
notice using various means and ongoing usage of the service means
acceptance of this.
FYI. The Feb '04 letter is reference O2ONLINEW2/v5 in the bottom
right corner.

Hopefully it's just an idle threat?
Unless O2 have learnt from Voda PAYT the advantage of disconnection
after 90 days of disuse?

Not every Voda PAYT user who's been disconnected after 90 days complains,
the lost remaining credit becomes pure gravy for a cynical Voda :-(

Steve Terry

Old October 22nd 04, 07:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Steve Terry wrote:

Hopefully it's just an idle threat?
Unless O2 have learnt from Voda PAYT the advantage of disconnection
after 90 days of disuse?

Not every Voda PAYT user who's been disconnected after 90 days complains,
the lost remaining credit becomes pure gravy for a cynical Voda :-(

I only wanted them to use in an old phone for use in an emergency/once
in a blue moon so I think I may well just sell these ones on and
consider buying an O2 high street PAYG sim instead. If I stuck a tenner
on one of these other sims I'd probably forget about it all winter and
them find it's been switched off after three months!

CT
Old October 22nd 04, 11:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
JP JP is offline

"Captain Trips" wrote in message
Steve Terry wrote:

Hopefully it's just an idle threat?
Unless O2 have learnt from Voda PAYT the advantage of disconnection
after 90 days of disuse?

Not every Voda PAYT user who's been disconnected after 90 days complains,
the lost remaining credit becomes pure gravy for a cynical Voda :-(

I only wanted them to use in an old phone for use in an emergency/once
in a blue moon so I think I may well just sell these ones on and
consider buying an O2 high street PAYG sim instead. If I stuck a tenner
on one of these other sims I'd probably forget about it all winter and
them find it's been switched off after three months!

CT

didn't orange once have a pay and go campaign saying
'there's no ouch in our vOUCHer' ?

does that still apply and does it mean a phone can be used for 2 years and
the phone will still be live and have remaining credit on it if left unused?

Old October 23rd 04, 06:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Jon Jon is offline

JP reckoned that...
didn't orange once have a pay and go campaign saying
'there's no ouch in our vOUCHer' ?

They did.

does that still apply and does it mean a phone can be used for 2 years and
the phone will still be live and have remaining credit on it if left unused?

As long as one chargeable event is recorded every 6 months then the
phone and credit will stay alive for ever.
--
www.unlockingshop.co.uk
SonyEricsson K700i unlock/unbrand - 22.50