Old November 6th 04, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default 'All' landline calls must use 1899?

In article , Peter Davis says...
I am on BT.

I started to sign up for 1899 online but I got the feeling from some
on-screen text that all calls made from my landline would
automatically be routed through 1899 in future. Is this correct?

Only if you've got a plug in box which does it for you.

--
Conor

Opinions personal, facts suspect.

Old November 7th 04, 06:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Conor wrote in message ...
In article , Peter Davis says...
I am on BT.

I started to sign up for 1899 online but I got the feeling from some
on-screen text that all calls made from my landline would
automatically be routed through 1899 in future. Is this correct?

Only if you've got a plug in box which does it for you.

No it's not right. You can still use your regular telephone provider
(BT, NTL etc). When you diall 1899 you then dial the number you want,
before being connected an automated voice service will tell you how
much the call will be per minute. That doesn't include the 3p
connection charge which is subject to all calls.

There is no plug in box.

I signed up online and within 5 minutes I received a confirmation
e-mail and the service was working immediately.

Hope this helps, as I've been with them a while and have no
complaints.

Shafik