Old July 20th 05, 09:08 PM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile

Default Nokia 66XX 2G option available for 3 available

The usual 3UK call dropping and call failing has prompted users to find ways
to lock 3 UK supplied handsets to their roaming partner (02) to get decent
call reliability whilst paying cheap 3 contract prices.

For a list of the places where you can download software to allow the 66XX
series to lock to 2G click on the link below.

http://www.talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1111

--
http://www.talk3g.co.uk - The Independent 3G Discussion Forum

We wont try and sell you anything!!

Old July 20th 05, 10:21 PM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile

Default FAO 3GScottishUser

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:08:30 +0000 (UTC), "www.talk3g.co.uk"
wrote:

The usual 3UK call dropping and call failing has prompted users to find ways
to lock 3 UK supplied handsets to their roaming partner (02) to get decent
call reliability whilst paying cheap 3 contract prices.

For a list of the places where you can download software to allow the 66XX
series to lock to 2G click on the link below.

http://www.talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1111

- thanks for publishing my auction on your forum. I have had many
happy customers of this product and I will continue to list it as long
as people are buying it. I have had many happy customers around the
World - furthest so far is Melbourne, Australia.
Perthaps you should highlight the problem your forum readers will
encounter if they continue to use a Three phone locked onto O2 as they
all seem to think its great and the way to go to get cheap calls and
good service. I have highlighted this is my auction so everyone is
aware of the possible problem if they abuse it.
I also provide full backup and support in using this file which many
download sites do not - they just provide the file and leave it to you
and with such a program you could easily bust your phone.

If you dont know what I am refering to re the possible problems
perhaps you should not be moderating a forum and advertising such
items....

PS Your other download link is faulty.....

Chris P Bacon
Old July 20th 05, 11:52 PM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile

I know full well what you refer to but it is very hard for 3 to track
legitimate handset use in terms of roaming. There have been some scre
stories around but no widespead feedback re 3's action with regard to this.
Remember that in a lot of the country 3 have no coverage yet stll supply a
service via 02, Scottish Highlands, Wales, Borders etc - just look at the
map.

BTW The software is now availble for download directly from the site listed
below for anyone who wants it.

Regards...

--
www.talk3g.co.uk - The Independent UK 3G Forum

Come and join us - We won't try and sell you anything!!

Old July 21st 05, 09:17 AM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile

wrote:

The usual 3UK call dropping and call failing has prompted users to find ways
to lock 3 UK supplied handsets to their roaming partner (02) to get decent
call reliability whilst paying cheap 3 contract prices.

For a list of the places where you can download software to allow the 66XX
series to lock to 2G click on the link below.

http://www.talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1111

not everyone has the call dropping on 3. I for example have been with
3 for 7 months and had no problems with calls.
Old July 22nd 05, 03:44 PM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile

Chris P Bacon wrote:

[...]

Crispy bacon, very good. Only just got that.

Old July 22nd 05, 05:58 PM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:44:23 GMT, wrote:

Chris P Bacon wrote:

[...]

good eh,,, but everybody now calls me Chris and my real names Andy -
like the joke though... might have a sex change and change it to Helen
Back

Chris P Bacon
Old July 22nd 05, 05:59 PM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile

wrote:

The usual 3UK call dropping and call failing has prompted users to find ways
to lock 3 UK supplied handsets to their roaming partner (02) to get decent
call reliability whilst paying cheap 3 contract prices.

For a list of the places where you can download software to allow the 66XX
series to lock to 2G click on the link below.

http://www.talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1111

I have just about finished my first 12 months with Three and already
taken out another Three contract so your 'call dropping and call
failing' is not a problem for everybody like you try to make out

Chris P Bacon