Old August 31st 05, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Stu Stu is offline

Default Finding out the number for an O2 payg sim

I have an O2 payg sim for which I do not know the number. It has no credit
and I don't want to put any on it as I'm getting rid of the phone, so I
can't call anybody to find out. The top up line used to to tell you the
number you were dialling from but no longer does. Any ideas?

Thanks

Stu

Old August 31st 05, 09:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:10:43 +0000 (UTC), Stu wrote:
I have an O2 payg sim for which I do not know the number. It has no credit
and I don't want to put any on it as I'm getting rid of the phone, so I
can't call anybody to find out. The top up line used to to tell you the
number you were dialling from but no longer does. Any ideas?

What's the phone? Some (notably not Nokia) have an option to display the
SIM's phone number - all my Motorolas do.

(My V500 will even display the number on start-up.)

--
-- Michael "Soruk" McConnell
Eridani Star System

MailStripper - http://mailstripper.eridani.co.uk/
Mail Me Anywhere - http://www.mailmeanywhere.com/
Old August 31st 05, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Stu" wrote in message
I have an O2 payg sim for which I do not know the number. It has no credit
and I don't want to put any on it as I'm getting rid of the phone, so I
can't call anybody to find out. The top up line used to to tell you the
number you were dialling from but no longer does. Any ideas?

Thanks

Stu

This happens when you have [a phone and] a SIM, no unlock code and you don't
know the number.

If you DO know the number then you can get the PUK code from O2's web site.

If you don't know the number or the unlock code then some advice re sex and
travel is appropriate...

Old August 31st 05, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

In message , Stu
writes
I have an O2 payg sim for which I do not know the number. It has no credit
and I don't want to put any on it as I'm getting rid of the phone, so I
can't call anybody to find out. The top up line used to to tell you the
number you were dialling from but no longer does. Any ideas?

If you're getting rid of the phone, why do you want to know?

I'm guessing you could put 5 on it, which is not too much to lose?

--
Richard Faulkner
Old August 31st 05, 10:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Richard Faulkner wrote:

If you're getting rid of the phone, why do you want to know?

I'm guessing you could put 5 on it, which is not too much to lose?

5 on o2?

Thought minimum was 10

Old September 1st 05, 12:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

In message , Sean
writes
Richard Faulkner wrote:

If you're getting rid of the phone, why do you want to know?
I'm guessing you could put 5 on it, which is not too much to lose?

5 on o2?

Thought minimum was 10

Whatever <g

I was guessing. It's still not the end of the world.

--
Richard Faulkner
Old September 1st 05, 04:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Richard Faulkner" wrote in message
In message , Sean
writes
Richard Faulkner wrote:

If you're getting rid of the phone, why do you want to know?
I'm guessing you could put 5 on it, which is not too much to lose?

5 on o2?

Thought minimum was 10

Whatever <g

I was guessing. It's still not the end of the world.

--
Richard Faulkner

a buyer wont want your number they will get their own sim............with a
NEW number.

Old September 1st 05, 09:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

I have an O2 payg sim for which I do not know the number. It has no credit
and I don't want to put any on it as I'm getting rid of the phone, so I
can't call anybody to find out. The top up line used to to tell you the
number you were dialling from but no longer does. Any ideas?

Does your phone not allow you to view your own number? I think all the ones
I've had allow you to view your own number. On my 6610i it is in Contacts
My Numbers. A T68i has it under Phone book Special numbers My numbers.
An OT756 has it under Call log My numbers.

G.