Old October 6th 05, 01:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Vodafone diverts?

My port finally went through this morning, and my Voda sim is
activated.

When I try to make a call, I get this message coming up on my phone -
"Note: Active Incoming Call Diverts". I tried calling my mobile
number from my home phone, and it rang, but when someone else tried
to call me, they got the answering service.

Not sure what this means - are calls to my number diverted? If so,
how do I cancel the divert? (And how come it rang when I called it?)

--
Hedgehog

Old October 6th 05, 05:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

GlintingHedgehog wrote:

When I try to make a call, I get this message coming up on my phone -
"Note: Active Incoming Call Diverts". I tried calling my mobile
number from my home phone, and it rang, but when someone else tried
to call me, they got the answering service.

Perhaps it means you have "divert when busy" activated and any incoming
calls will go to voicemail while you're making your call?

Old October 6th 05, 07:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, GlintingHedgehog wrote:

When I try to make a call, I get this message coming up on my phone -
"Note: Active Incoming Call Diverts". I tried calling my mobile
number from my home phone, and it rang, but when someone else tried
to call me, they got the answering service.

I've found that Vodafone is extremely flaky and inconsistent in use.
I've had calls suddenly terminated with a continuous tone, outbound
calls not ringing and finally going to voicemail after around one
minute, outbound calls randomly going to voicemail or ringing the phone
when the phone's sat next to me, voicemail notifications coming up to
several days after the voicemails were left and text messages taking
days to come through also.

Not sure what this means - are calls to my number diverted? If so,
how do I cancel the divert? (And how come it rang when I called it?)

Try sending the following to check the status (destination number and
timings) of your diverts. You usually use your navigation keys to read
the full info after sending these commands.

*#21# (check if all calls are unconditionally diverted)
*#61# (check if unanswered calls are diverted and after how many seconds)
*#62# (check if calls are diverted when your phone is not on the network)
*#67# (check if calls are diverted while you are engaged on another call)

To cancel a divert either use the relevant option in your phone's menu,
if one exists, or replace the first * with a # to cancel (eg to cancel
any diverts if your phone is engaged send ##67#).

--
Chris
Old October 7th 05, 11:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

In article ,
says...
The diverts are toy our voicemail service. This is normal for Vodafone
and is nothing to worry about.

Thanks to all who replied - I've now cancelled all diverts, as this
is on payg (I'm mid porting-back-to-contract) and I don't want to
have to pay to check voicemail.

--
Hedgehog