Old November 15th 05, 01:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Orange PAYG balance by text...?

For those times when it's not convenient to call the 453 number to get the
voice prompt, is there a way of finding out your balance with a text
response?

Cheers.

Old November 15th 05, 01:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"derek thompson" <wibble wrote in message
For those times when it's not convenient to call the 453 number to get

the
voice prompt, is there a way of finding out your balance with a text
response?

Cheers.

On my Nokia 3510i, I go to the Orange menu then the Payasyougo submenu
and select it from there. Then I get a text message back showing the
balance.
Don't know about other phones, though.
Regards Mike.

--
The best thing about Christmas is when it's over.

Old November 15th 05, 01:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

derek thompson wrote:
For those times when it's not convenient to call the 453 number to get the
voice prompt, is there a way of finding out your balance with a text
response?

Cheers.

Only if you have a new 'blue' SIM card with Orange Plus in the sub
menu.

Old November 15th 05, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"derek thompson" <wibble wrote in message
For those times when it's not convenient to call the 453 number to get the
voice prompt, is there a way of finding out your balance with a text
response?

While I was abroad PAYG users used a *xxx# code to check their balances.
Seems like a good idea - why isn't it implemented here?

Shak

Old November 15th 05, 04:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Phoner wrote in message
oups.com...

derek thompson wrote:
For those times when it's not convenient to call the 453 number to get

the
voice prompt, is there a way of finding out your balance with a text
response?

Cheers.

Only if you have a new 'blue' SIM card with Orange Plus in the sub
menu.

The sim card is blue and I get an 'Orange Plus' menu, but the only entries
are Call Orange (every option asks for confirmation to dial a number) and
Information. Info has 3 sub options Sport/Lifestyle/Finance, but none of
those contain anything resembling a balance check. :-(

Oh well. It's no biggie. Thanks for the reponses though.

Old November 15th 05, 05:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Shak wrote:
"derek thompson" <wibble wrote in message

For those times when it's not convenient to call the 453 number to get the
voice prompt, is there a way of finding out your balance with a text
response?

While I was abroad PAYG users used a *xxx# code to check their balances.
Seems like a good idea - why isn't it implemented here?

Shak

It is on o2 and vodafone.......... i think
Old November 15th 05, 05:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Jon Jon is offline

"derek thompson" <wibble declared for all the world to hear...
For those times when it's not convenient to call the 453 number to get the
voice prompt, is there a way of finding out your balance with a text
response?

Only if you have an Orange+ SIM. All SIMs issued in the last 12-15
months are + capable, and the SIM has to be in a handset which supports
SIM application toolkit.

If your phone has a menu called "Orange" or "SIM" you might be in luck.
--
Regards
Jon
Old November 16th 05, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Phoner" wrote in message
oups.com
derek thompson wrote:
For those times when it's not convenient to call the
453 number to get the voice prompt, is there a way of
finding out your balance with a text response?

Cheers.

Only if you have a new 'blue' SIM card with Orange Plus
in the sub menu.

I have one of those but the option for balance display isn't there. It
used to be but was removed with a SIM update. Any way to get it back..?

Ivor

Old November 16th 05, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Jon" wrote in message
et
"derek thompson" <wibble declared for all the world to
hear...
For those times when it's not convenient to call the
453 number to get the voice prompt, is there a way of
finding out your balance with a text response?

Only if you have an Orange+ SIM. All SIMs issued in the
last 12-15 months are + capable, and the SIM has to be in
a handset which supports SIM application toolkit.

If your phone has a menu called "Orange" or "SIM" you
might be in luck.

My PAYG SIM used to have the option but it was removed with a SIM update
some months ago, I don't know why. Any way to get it back..?

I still think the *10# option on O2 is the easiest to use though.

Ivor