Old December 11th 05, 11:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Diverting all calls to a number with extension?

I want to divert all calls made to my mobile to a landline number with an
extension. I set the divert to "01xxxxxxxxx p 412" but it wouldnt accept it
as a valid number. I tried taking the "p" out but it wouldn't accept it
then, I assumed it treated the whole string as 1 number.

Gareth

Old December 11th 05, 11:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Gareth Evans wrote:
I want to divert all calls made to my mobile to a landline number with an
extension.

You can't.

Andrew Woodvine

Old December 11th 05, 03:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Gareth Evans" wrote in message

I want to divert all calls made to my mobile to a
landline number with an extension. I set the divert to
"01xxxxxxxxx p 412" but it wouldnt accept it as a valid
number. I tried taking the "p" out but it wouldn't accept
it then, I assumed it treated the whole string as 1
number.

That won't work unless your system is set up to allow it, which is rare.
My PABX has a "spare" external number which, when dialled, gives internal
dial tone, it is then possible to dial any internal extension, even those
that don't normally ring for outside calls. The external number used for
this though is not generally known to anyone except the system admin (i.e.
me) and is only used for testing purposes.

So yes it *can* be done, but it's unlikely you'll be able to.

Ivor

Old December 11th 05, 08:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 12:17:13 -0000, "Gareth Evans"
wrote:

I want to divert all calls made to my mobile to a landline number with an
extension.

I think you need to use an extension with a DDI number. Unfortunately,
this tends to be rather expensive, so many companies don't have it set
up, but it may be possible to get it arranged as a one-off.

--

Iain
the out-of-date hairydog guide to mobile phones