Old September 5th 03, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Eps Eps is offline

Default nec 808y discontinued ?...

just got this from the mobile republic...

We apoloise for the prolonged delay you have been experiencing with your
order. However, 3 has informed us that NEC e808y has been discontinued
and the network is working on releasing a new handset instead. Once we
have any information on the replacement, we would update you. Rest
assured that this will take place within the next 7 - 14 days.

Discontinued ?, how long were they availiable for ?.

--
Eps

Old September 5th 03, 04:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
K K is offline

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 12:41:38 +0100, Eps
wrote:

Discontinued ?, how long were they availiable for ?.

About 6 weeks so far, isn't it?

Old September 8th 03, 10:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

In message , Eps
writes
We apoloise for the prolonged delay you have been experiencing with
your order. However, 3 has informed us that NEC e808y has been
discontinued and the network is working on releasing a new handset
instead. Once we have any information on the replacement, we would
update you. Rest assured that this will take place within the next 7 -
14 days.

As I understand it, Three are no longer offering any of the old phones
due to lack of stock. Apparently the NEC E808n that I'm waiting for (was
supposed to be in today, actually) had to be redirected from another
shop, no more are available.

The A920 is going to be the only phone available for a while, though I'm
assuming the A835 will also be offered. The A920 /costs/ 170ish more
than the A830 does, so depending on deals from resellers you can
probably expect to spend anything from 0-149 to get the handset even on
contract.

Three would appear to have gone from no subscribers to 'too many' in no
time. VT750 /is/ a good deal, even for 2G users, so that's probably why
- I'm also wondering if Three are trying to re-negotiate with their 2G
partners due to the amount of users who presumably, are not in a 3G
area.

I like my 808, I'm not bothered by most of the problems with it, but I
reckon that one of the reasons the A920 would appear to be the only
handset for the near future is partly due to customer complaints. I'm
trying to figure out where the E616 fits in with this information, it
looks like a decent upgrade from the older phones.

Richard
--
Richard Kilpatrick, long haired prophet of doom. |\ _,,,---,,_
Musical suicide - www.mp3.com/RichardKilpatrick /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,
Old September 8th 03, 11:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Eps Eps is offline

bearing in mind I ordered an e808 for 40, do you think that their is
any chance that the mobile republic will honour my order and sell me a
A835 at the same price on three to go ? (when availiable). Or is that
wishful thinking of the highest order ?...

--
Eps

Unlocking NEC 808y audio UK Mobile Phones 3 July 26th 11 07:54 AM
NEC 808Y email [email protected] UK Mobile Phones 4 January 22nd 04 12:34 AM
FA: NEC 808y Neil Marketplace 0 January 1st 04 04:15 PM
FS: NEC 808y Sim Free (Brand new) Chris Michael Marketplace 0 December 28th 03 06:31 PM
NEC 808Y Neil Marketplace 1 November 15th 03 06:03 PM