Old September 5th 03, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Process for registering a replacement orange SIM

Orange finally buckled after 48 hours of not being able to give me a
valid PUK2 unlock code, and have sent me a replacement SIM

I spent an hour on the 0800 079 0027 registration line without getting
through, so rang OCS on 0800 80 10 80 and got straight through who said
they could do it, and it would be complete within 2 hours. 6 hours on,
and I still get "SIM card registration failed". And no, the phone is
not blacklisted by orange as my partner's SIM works in there

I just wondered if there was a special process that had to be followed
by orange since the "faulty" SIM will be registered in the same number
as the replacement. I have the "faulty" SIM card ready to go once I
have a working service. I've sealed the envelope, but am happy to open
it if there are any tests I can do

It seems a little ridiculous it's taking this long - is this typical

*When I say "faulty", it registers OK and accepts my PIN1, but is in
fixed dialling mode and wouldn't accept the PIN2 and PUK2 codes they
gave me
--
Mike

Old September 5th 03, 08:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Mike NG reckoned that:
I spent an hour on the 0800 079 0027 registration line without getting
through, so rang OCS on 0800 80 10 80 and got straight through who said
they could do it, and it would be complete within 2 hours. 6 hours on,
and I still get "SIM card registration failed". And no, the phone is
not blacklisted by orange as my partner's SIM works in there

Did you make it crystal clear that it was a replacement SIM and to keep the
old number?

It seems a little ridiculous it's taking this long - is this typical

The network is running a bit slow last few days, 6 hours is not unusual.
--
www.unlockingshop.co.uk
Motorola remote unlocking - 10.
Old September 5th 03, 10:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 at 20:41:03, Webmaster (Webmaster
) wrote:
Did you make it crystal clear that it was a replacement SIM and to keep the
old number?

Yep

The network is running a bit slow last few days, 6 hours is not unusual.

It's sorted now - although I did receive about a dozen SIM updates
--
Mike
Old September 5th 03, 11:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 at 22:49:14, Mike NG (Mike NG
) wrote:
It's sorted now - although I did receive about a dozen SIM updates

Seems like they've sent me updates for payg when I'm on OVP
--
Mike