Old March 3rd 06, 04:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default OSPS - Cancelling their compulsary *free* insurance...

Hi all, receivd my OSPS clearance D600 very pleased with the deal,
however they neglected to put in the Insurance cancellation
instructions (of course they did - it's chargeable after 14 days
cancellation rights). Can any kind soul oblige with the details before
I get lost in the CWP/OSPS endless 0870 telephone loop.
Thanks in advance.
Seeeker

Old March 3rd 06, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"seeeker" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all, receivd my OSPS clearance D600 very pleased with the deal,
however they neglected to put in the Insurance cancellation
instructions (of course they did - it's chargeable after 14 days
cancellation rights). Can any kind soul oblige with the details before
I get lost in the CWP/OSPS endless 0870 telephone loop.
Thanks in advance.
Seeeker

Citymain Administration Ltd

PO Box 116

Ryde

PO33 2WX

Old March 3rd 06, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

They twice 'forgot' that I sent them a recorded letter to cancel their
rubbish 'insurance', so dealing with them is a waste of time and money. And
don't bother with 0870 numbers 'customer service' numbers. I suggest
therefore you write to your own bank advising them on no account to ever
open any direct debits in favour of Citymain Administrators Ltd. Problem
permanently solved.

Cheers
Fred Gibson

Old March 3rd 06, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"SimW" wrote in message

"seeeker" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all, receivd my OSPS clearance D600 very pleased with the deal,
however they neglected to put in the Insurance cancellation
instructions (of course they did - it's chargeable after 14 days
cancellation rights). Can any kind soul oblige with the details before
I get lost in the CWP/OSPS endless 0870 telephone loop.
Thanks in advance.
Seeeker

Citymain Administration Ltd

Get their registered address of www.companieshouse.gov.uk (off at the mo')
and send recorded delviery there, and a copy to this PO address.

PO Box 116

Ryde

PO33 2WX

Old March 4th 06, 02:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Get their registered address of www.companieshouse.gov.uk (off at the mo')
and send recorded delviery there, and a copy to this PO address.

They are certainly obliged to accept eventually that their insurance has
been cancelled if you write to their nominated PO box address by recorded
delivery, and eventually your bank will reimburse you even if they are slow
doing so-----but they rely on the fact that people won't bother to calling
or writing to them to get the 'initial payment' of £4.99 per phone back off
of them when they deduct it 'by mistake' from your a/c. If they're really
lucky people might forget for months or years. Or spend hours on permahold
to their 0870 number, racking up income for them.

On the other hand, if you just call or write to your own bank and tell them
you don't want Citymain Administrators Ltd to be able to set up direct
debits now or in the future, they are obliged to reimburse you right away
under the Direct Debit Guarantee if they mistakenly do so, without messing
around with 0870 numbers or recorded to delivery letters, which is why I
think it's a much cheaper, simpler and more proven effective approach to
cancelling their unwanted insurance.

By the way, when I called up my bank (NatWest London) the guy at the end of
the phone groaned. Clearly Citymain Administrators Ltd are well known to
them!

Cheers
Fred

Old March 5th 06, 02:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Thanks all, a common problem then, and like the requirements of the
various cashback stipulations designed to trip up the lazy and the
forgetful.
I'll contact the bank and send a RD to the administrators as advised.
Seeeker

Old March 5th 06, 03:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Fred Gibson wrote:
They twice 'forgot' that I sent them a recorded letter to cancel their
rubbish 'insurance', so dealing with them is a waste of time and money. And
don't bother with 0870 numbers 'customer service' numbers. I suggest
therefore you write to your own bank advising them on no account to ever
open any direct debits in favour of Citymain Administrators Ltd. Problem
permanently solved.

Cheers
Fred Gibson

I don't understand this thread?

Just cancel the direct debit............if you use online banking it
takes about three mouse clicks?

It's insurance.............they can't sue you for it, the best they've
got up their sleeve is to withdraw any cover you've got, which is what
you're trying to achieve anyway?

Old March 5th 06, 03:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

lol, I had the same thing with Singlepoint a couple of years
back..............I was speaking to Trading Standards about them and
the guy said "let me just bring their details up on the
screen..................this might take some time, the file's rather
large" :-)

Old March 6th 06, 09:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

seeeker wrote:

Hi all, receivd my OSPS clearance D600 very pleased with the deal,
however they neglected to put in the Insurance cancellation
instructions (of course they did - it's chargeable after 14 days
cancellation rights). Can any kind soul oblige with the details before
I get lost in the CWP/OSPS endless 0870 telephone loop.

Unless something has changed since last year OSPS' insurance isn't
compulsory.

Geoff
Old March 6th 06, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Not that simple.
You can't cancel a direct debit using online banking until it has been
set up.
I had this problem with e2save. The rules are that a DD must be set up
for 5 working days before a company makes a debit against it.
I checked everyday wating for it to be set up, so I could quickly
cancel it, but they broke the rules by setting it up, then taking a
payment straightaway.
I did get my money back, but it was yet more hassle.

Bob Coates