Old March 25th 06, 02:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Porting number to same network through another network

Hi guys,

I have a problem. I would like to keep my number and remain on the same
network (Orange).

However Orange have made a derisory offer for me to stay, and I can
save several hundred pounds if I start a new contract with them.

What I need to do is start a new Orange contract, port my old orange
number to another network's PAYG, then port it from there to my new
orange phone.

This is must be a reasonably commom problem. Does anyone have any
suggestions for which PAYG network will be best for porting to and from
very quickly.

Thanks very much for your help,

Jonathan

Old March 27th 06, 08:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Jon Jon is offline

declared for all the world to hear...
Perhaps you spend next to nothing? Decent spenders get decent offers.

Not in my experience they don't.

They do, it just depends on your definition of decent.

If Orange were a reputable company *all
deals would be transparent instead of the present arrangement of bartering
with various faceless 'customer service reps'

You barter with a computer, not a rep.

when a contract is nearing
it's end. Orange fail to grasp how the importance of any spender, decent or
not, is to a successful business.

Low spenders are actually a drain, it costs money to sustain them when
they upgrade every 12 months and spend 15 per month. Those are
customers that no network wants.
--
Regards
Jon
Old March 27th 06, 11:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Jon" wrote in message
et...
declared for all the world to hear...
Perhaps you spend next to nothing? Decent spenders get decent offers.

Not in my experience they don't.

They do, it just depends on your definition of decent.

50 a month was my last contract average (30 basic + extra call carges).
Let's not forget you're providing a mobile phone network, not a mortgage for
bricks and mortar.

If Orange were a reputable company *all
deals would be transparent instead of the present arrangement of
bartering
with various faceless 'customer service reps'

You barter with a computer, not a rep.

when a contract is nearing
it's end. Orange fail to grasp how the importance of any spender, decent
or
not, is to a successful business.

Low spenders are actually a drain, it costs money to sustain them when
they upgrade every 12 months and spend 15 per month. Those are
customers that no network wants.
--
Regards
Jon

Well why don't Orange advertise the fact that unless a customer is prepared
to spend a minimum of 50 a month they won't get a contract?

--
SR

Old March 27th 06, 12:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Jon Jon is offline

"Jack Torrence" <room217[at]overlook.freeserve.co.uk declared for all
the world to hear...
WHy not just go to Orange PAYG, then you can wait one day and rejoin as
a new customer.

To keep the same number, as mentioned by the OP in the original post.

If you went to Orange JT then back again you would keep the same number,
avoid messing about with PC codes and hove to spend a only a minimum of
a couple of minutes on pay as you go.,
--
Regards
Jon
Old March 27th 06, 12:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Jon Jon is offline

declared for all the world to hear...
Well why don't Orange advertise the fact that unless a customer is prepared
to spend a minimum of 50 a month they won't get a contract?

Customers who spend less than that can still make the networks money,
but there's more to it than that. There comes a point where it's not
worth hanging to a customer, and that point is not based on spend alone.
--
Regards
Jon