Old July 10th 06, 04:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
 is offline

Default New O2 deals on the 13th - any idea...?

Just phoned Mobileshop.com asking about a deal and the lady there said that
O2 were changing deals on the 13th of July.
Is it best to wait a few days or do I go for one of Mobileshop's deals
today/tomorrow?
She said that apparently O2 will not be doing the double minutes/texts. That
would be nice but then I do not want to stab myself by waiting for the 13th
and losing the double minutes.
This is all new to me. Do the new tariffs generally work out better or is it
wiser to take the tariffs now?
Thanks very much.

Old July 10th 06, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

In message ,
writes
Just phoned Mobileshop.com asking about a deal and the lady there said that
O2 were changing deals on the 13th of July.

Why not get the deal you want now, and then take advantage of the
fourteen day cooling off period if O2 offer better deals from 13th July?

--
Martin Jay
Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877
Old July 10th 06, 10:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
 is offline

Martin Jay wrote:
Why not get the deal you want now, and then take advantage of the
fourteen day cooling off period if O2 offer better deals from 13th
July?

*Always* a wise reader out there to lend a hand. Thanks very much for the
"heads up" on that - never thought of that ;-)
So...do I just send everything back and it is all cancelled? What about if I
have given my PAC code to O2 (from Orange)?

Old July 11th 06, 01:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 2006-07-10 23:54:03 +0100, "" said:

Martin Jay wrote:
Why not get the deal you want now, and then take advantage of the
fourteen day cooling off period if O2 offer better deals from 13th
July?

*Always* a wise reader out there to lend a hand. Thanks very much for
the "heads up" on that - never thought of that ;-)
So...do I just send everything back and it is all cancelled? What about
if I have given my PAC code to O2 (from Orange)?

If you can, I would hold off giving your PAC code to O2 until you
decide whether or not to keep the phone.. it can be messy to 14 day
with number ports. I'm not sure if O2 allow ports in at anytime
though, so that might be worth checking out.

As for o2's new tariffs, there's a tiny bit of detail on the register.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/06/new_02_plans/

HTH,
Chris

Old July 11th 06, 08:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

news:[email protected]
On 2006-07-10 23:54:03 +0100, "" said:

Martin Jay wrote:
Why not get the deal you want now, and then take advantage of the
fourteen day cooling off period if O2 offer better deals from 13th
July?

*Always* a wise reader out there to lend a hand. Thanks very much for the
"heads up" on that - never thought of that ;-)
So...do I just send everything back and it is all cancelled? What about
if I have given my PAC code to O2 (from Orange)?

If you can, I would hold off giving your PAC code to O2 until you decide
whether or not to keep the phone.. it can be messy to 14 day with number
ports. I'm not sure if O2 allow ports in at anytime though, so that might
be worth checking out.

I've just ported Orange PAYG - O2 about a week after starting the
contract with no problem. Read somewhere that there used to be
a 30 day limit. YMMV

Al