Old September 20th 06, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Phone swap shop?

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any sites that do phone swaps?

I mean it costs me 15 to unlock my nokia (BB5). Why not only pay 5 and
post it to someone who has the same model but on the network I am on?

Am I allowed to ask here directly? Or is that trading? I mean ask "I have
Nokia NNNN on Network XYZ, looking for same phone on Network PQR"?

Cheers,
Al

Old September 20th 06, 11:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Al Weist" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any sites that do phone swaps?

I mean it costs me 15 to unlock my nokia (BB5). Why not only pay 5 and
post it to someone who has the same model but on the network I am on?

Am I allowed to ask here directly? Or is that trading? I mean ask "I have
Nokia NNNN on Network XYZ, looking for same phone on Network PQR"?

Sounds like an excellent idea but it has a few pitfalls. The biggest one is
that the cost to send by Special Delivery could be anything from 5 upwards.
Then you have the problem of the quality of the phone. Maybe you've really
looked after your Nokia N70 and it looks as new locked to the Orange network
but the N70 you receive locked to O2 has had some major grief, the letters
on the keypad are virtually worn out, there's scratches all over it.....

It's a good idea in theory but in practice I'd rather pay the extra 10 to
get my own phone unlocked safe in the knowledge that I know what its
condition is and what its failings are.

Old September 21st 06, 09:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Dave" wrote in message
"Al Weist" wrote in message
[...]

And of course the insurance, MEND registration, barring etc are linked to
the IMEI of your handset.

Benedict.

Old September 25th 06, 10:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Take a look at http://www.eswapit.com

Benedict Addis wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
"Al Weist" wrote in message
[...]

One Stop Phone Shop /Car Phone Warehouse A Caution [email protected] UK Mobile Phones 23 July 5th 05 09:05 PM
for swap (fast swap) rob b Marketplace 1 February 26th 04 11:18 AM
One Stop Phone Shop - how long does it take to get refund? Neil UK Mobile Phones 7 August 11th 03 10:58 AM