Old September 21st 06, 03:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Blocking SMS/calls from specific numbers

Is there a phone on the market which lets the user set up a "block"
list. What I want is for text messages from certain numbers to be
deleted unread, and ideally phone calls not to ring.

Old September 21st 06, 04:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

I don't know of any phones that have this function. I've looked into
this a few weeks back, my operator Vodafone UK said they couldn't do it
either. Maybe there is some software that'll do the job. I use a
symbian phone which would probably be the best bet for this type of
program (plenty apps for symbian) - if such a program exists that is.

Old September 21st 06, 04:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

I don't know of any phones that have this function. I've looked into
this a few weeks back, my operator Vodafone UK said they couldn't do it
either. Maybe there is some software that'll do the job. I use a
symbian phone which would probably be the best bet for this type of
program (plenty apps for symbian) - if such a program exists that is.

Not sure about blocking numbers though - the above is regarding sms
blocking.

Old September 21st 06, 04:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

wrote:
Is there a phone on the market which lets the user set up a "block"
list. What I want is for text messages from certain numbers to be
deleted unread, and ideally phone calls not to ring.

The old Samsung D500 has a block list for sms.
Old September 21st 06, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Actually, having done a search of the Google archive I've found a
reference to the Samsung D500 being able to block text messages. Can
anyone confirm that it can do this? Or any other Samsung phones?

Old October 24th 06, 12:07 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Actually, having done a search of the Google archive I've found a
reference to the Samsung D500 being able to block text messages. Can
anyone confirm that it can do this? Or any other Samsung phones?
yes i had a d500 and you can def block text messages. you need to go to the text go into options and then block number. you shouldnt receive any more texts from that person. i have just got a new k800i, does anyone know if the same can be done? ive been looking in the phone and manual but no joy. ant ideas of how to block stupid junk texts???