Old October 2nd 06, 12:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Duplicate SIM

I've just brought a car which has a built in phone and uses my phone sim.
Therefore I need a duplicate sim for the car.

Vodafone and Orange seem to have a multi sim option. However, I'm on O2 and
they offfer nothing like this.

Has anyone tried (and yes, I know they are illiegal) a duplicate sim maker
like http://tinyurl.com/naoh5 this successfully for this purpose?

Old October 2nd 06, 01:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"SteveWT" wrote in message
I've just brought a car which has a built in phone and uses my phone sim.
Therefore I need a duplicate sim for the car.

Vodafone and Orange seem to have a multi sim option. However, I'm on O2
and they offfer nothing like this.

Has anyone tried (and yes, I know they are illiegal) a duplicate sim maker
like http://tinyurl.com/naoh5 this successfully for this purpose?

Even if you succeed if two SIM's with the same details go online on a
network unexpectedly the number will be cut off.

Old October 2nd 06, 02:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
J B J B is offline

"ABC" wrote in message

Even if you succeed if two SIM's with the same details go online on a
network unexpectedly the number will be cut off.

English please!!!!!

Maybe with a little spacing???

if you succeed
if two SIM's
with the same details
go online
on a network
unexpectedly
the number will be cut off

Is that better?

If you do it, and use them both together, you're buggered!

I *think* that's what he means.

Old October 2nd 06, 02:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Even if you succeed if two SIM's with the same details go online on a
network unexpectedly the number will be cut off.

What if only one SIM was active at one time?

Old October 2nd 06, 03:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

SteveWT wrote:
Even if you succeed if two SIM's with the same details go online on a
network unexpectedly the number will be cut off.

What if only one SIM was active at one time?

Can that be guaranteed though?

Old October 2nd 06, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Jon Jon is offline

declared for all the world to hear...
I've just brought a car which has a built in phone and uses my phone sim.
Therefore I need a duplicate sim for the car.

Vodafone and Orange seem to have a multi sim option. However, I'm on O2 and
they offfer nothing like this.

Has anyone tried (and yes, I know they are illiegal) a duplicate sim maker
like
http://tinyurl.com/naoh5 this successfully for this purpose?

They aren't illegal, they just don't work, except on very very old SIMs.
--
Regards
Jon
Old October 2nd 06, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Jon Jon is offline

declared for all the world to hear...
Even if you succeed if two SIM's with the same details go online on a
network unexpectedly the number will be cut off.

English please!!!!!

Don't do it.
--
Regards
Jon
Old October 2nd 06, 10:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"ABC" wrote in message news:efr520$

Even if you succeed if two SIM's with the same details go online on a
network unexpectedly the number will be cut off.

English please!!!!!

Even if you succeed [in making a copy]; if two SIM's with the same details
go online on a network unexpectedly, [then] the number will be cut off.

Since all SIM's online are identified in the home location register, any
duplicates show up immediately and the network will recognise this as a
fault at best.