Old October 1st 07, 07:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default USB cable question

I have just got a nokia 6300. Didnt get a usb cable with it so probably
gonna get one tomorrow.
Just noticed that my motorola V3 usb cable fits my nokia 6300. Is it going
to fry my new phone if I use it ? Do these cables have different voltages
(or whatever) for different phones?

Old October 1st 07, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"tomm" wrote in message
I have just got a nokia 6300. Didnt get a usb cable with it so probably
gonna get one tomorrow.
Just noticed that my motorola V3 usb cable fits my nokia 6300. Is it
going to fry my new phone if I use it ? Do these cables have different
voltages (or whatever) for different phones?

A USB port from a PC outputs approx 5V at upto 500mA. If your 6300 has a USB
port, then your V3 cable is fine.

Old October 2nd 07, 10:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

The s-Bray wrote:
"tomm" wrote in message
I have just got a nokia 6300. Didnt get a usb cable with it so
probably gonna get one tomorrow.
Just noticed that my motorola V3 usb cable fits my nokia 6300. Is it
going to fry my new phone if I use it ? Do these cables have
different voltages (or whatever) for different phones?

A USB port from a PC outputs approx 5V at upto 500mA. If your 6300
has a USB port, then your V3 cable is fine.

I believe the phone manufactures are, at last, going to standardise the
plug.
But alas to the micro-USB not the Mini-USB used by Motorola
http://news.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/0,390...9292931,00.htm
http://tech.uk.msn.com/news/article....mentid=6192753

Slatts

Old October 3rd 07, 05:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 20:51:35 +0100, "tomm"
wrote:

I have just got a nokia 6300. Didnt get a usb cable with it so probably
gonna get one tomorrow.
Just noticed that my motorola V3 usb cable fits my nokia 6300. Is it going
to fry my new phone if I use it ? Do these cables have different voltages
(or whatever) for different phones?

Yes, I have a V3i,V3 headset and Nokia 6300 and all plugs work.

Note the usb does not charge the Nokia, it is only for data transfer
although the cable will charge your V3i.