Old March 19th 08, 12:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Phantom Phonecalls

Every now and then someone says I called them when I didn't.

Occasionally I receive a missed call from someone that didn't phone me.

Just found out today that this has happened to most people I know. What
causes these "gremlins" in the machine?

Old March 19th 08, 02:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

White Knight wrote:
Every now and then someone says I called them when I didn't.

Occasionally I receive a missed call from someone that didn't phone
me.
Just found out today that this has happened to most people I know.
What causes these "gremlins" in the machine?

Maybe Skynet is becoming self-aware, or the Lawnmower man is doing it :0)

--
Continuum - Meet people from all over the world... then kill them.

Free online multiplayer action game http://www.getcontinuum.com/

Old March 19th 08, 10:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

White Knight wrote:
Just found out today that this has happened to most people I know. What
causes these "gremlins" in the machine?

Phones ringing numbers in your addressbook while in your pocket?

Theo
Old March 19th 08, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Phones ringing numbers in your addressbook while in your pocket?

I managed that myself once, many years ago - it managed to dial 999...

I was out walking the dog at the time, and didn't hear any speech on
the other end as it was blowing a gale - I got a fair bit of grief off
them when I realised I was connected :-}

Old March 20th 08, 09:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

* Theo Markettos wrote:
White Knight wrote:
Just found out today that this has happened to most people I know. What
causes these "gremlins" in the machine?

Phones ringing numbers in your addressbook while in your pocket?

This happens a *lot* with my mates that don't use keypad lock!

No phone was on the floor and I was asleep. Checked my Call History on
the phone and nada. Friend was absolutely resolute that I had called so
I logged into my provider's website and checked my online bill. Nada.

Phantoms I say!
Old March 20th 08, 05:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

White Knight wrote:

This happens a *lot* with my mates that don't use keypad lock!

It's worse if your name starts at the beginning of the alphabet, I've
taken to finding some of the culprits (mostly female - the handbag makes
the calls) and doing some judicious editing of their mobile's phone book.

--
Adrian C
Old March 20th 08, 07:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Adrian C wrote:
It's worse if your name starts at the beginning of the alphabet, I've
taken to finding some of the culprits (mostly female - the handbag makes
the calls) and doing some judicious editing of their mobile's phone book.

I have an AAAA entry on both our phones that has no phone number :-)
Chris