Old October 19th 03, 10:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default are there any good deals out there???

It's time for me to look for a new tarrif now that I need/want MMS and
as previously discussed O2 won't oblige on anything but their latest
(more expensive tariffs).

Having perhaps been spoilt on an 02 line advance package (paid for by
the phone shop, thus I was paying nothing per month), it seems like
no-one wants your business unless you are going to line their pockets
with at least 20 a month. And that's before we get into MMS.

I have my own phone (t610) - Orange aren't interested unless they sell
you a phone (ok, you can sell it on Ebay but on Square Deal none of
the phones are free - thus you might not get the money back for them.
and they are badged orange/special editon = less value).

02 - their tariffs seem the most expensive, with 25 being about the
starter for a decent package

t-mobile - their data/MMS rates seem the most expensive

voda - their ok-looking 15 a month tarriff is only for new numbers -
you can't port a number onto it (what's the point in that?). The rest
of their tarriffs seem very expensive.

I don't actually make a lot of outgoing calls - thus 02 30 was fine
for me. There seems to be no similar packages with cross network
calls and some bundled MMS or similar for 15 or less.

Maybe I should cave in and shell out the 20+ ... I'll have to start
thinking how to use 500 minutes a month

Old October 20th 03, 02:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Bob Bob is offline

(Ben M) wrote in message ...
[...]

Have you thought about getting a Virgin Sim? If you do not make very
many outgoing calls it might work out a lot cheaper than any tarrif.
Old October 20th 03, 05:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 20 Oct 2003 07:20:45 -0700, Bob wrote:
(Ben M) wrote in message ...
It's time for me to look for a new tarrif now that I need/want MMS and
as previously discussed O2 won't oblige on anything but their latest
(more expensive tariffs).

[snip]

Maybe I should cave in and shell out the 20+ ... I'll have to start
thinking how to use 500 minutes a month

Have you thought about getting a Virgin Sim? If you do not make very
many outgoing calls it might work out a lot cheaper than any tarrif.

MMS runs on top of GPRS - and Virgin doesn't (yet) offer GPRS.

--
-- Michael "Soruk" McConnell
Eridani MailStripper -- www.eridani.co.uk/MailStripper -- Uncovers Everything!