Old August 15th 09, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Does original network phone number determine free same network calls?

If I buy a sim card with vodafone and then port it to 3 will that then
work for their free 3-3 calls? I'm pretty sure in the early days of
porting it would mean you weren't an original '3' number so hence
someone calling you would pay standard cross network rates since '3'
would assume it was vodafone you were calling. Can anyone confirm or
is now determined by the network you are currently with?

Dave.

Old August 15th 09, 03:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Dave Starling" wrote in message
If I buy a sim card with vodafone and then port it to 3 will that then
work for their free 3-3 calls? I'm pretty sure in the early days of
porting it would mean you weren't an original '3' number so hence
someone calling you would pay standard cross network rates since '3'
would assume it was vodafone you were calling. Can anyone confirm or
is now determined by the network you are currently with?
Dave.

Early days of Three had the problem that with a ported in 2g number
other callers on 3g video didn't recognise it as a 3 phone.

AFAIK that's all sorted out, it was O2 payg billing comp that couldn't
figure out charging correctly for ported numbers, long fixed.

I've a ported in Orange number on a 3 Pay and it bills correctly as on Three

Steve Terry