Old March 7th 11, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Sitefinder has changed!

Finally - a very usable Google Maps view!

http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/

Old March 7th 11, 05:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"James Lewis" wrote in message
Finally - a very usable Google Maps view!

http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/

Wow! Whatever will they think of next?

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old March 7th 11, 05:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 09:24:37 -0800 (PST), James Lewis
wrote:

Finally - a very usable Google Maps view!

http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/

Hmmm. Doesn't find my local T-Mobile site at Freystrop.

Ah, it doesn't seem to find any T-Mobile sites.
--
Martin Jay
Old March 7th 11, 05:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

wrote:

Finally - a very usable Google Maps view!

http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/

Hmmm. Doesn't find my local T-Mobile site at Freystrop.

Ah, it doesn't seem to find any T-Mobile sites.

And from the FAQ:

----- Begin Quote -----

How up to date is Sitefinder?

3, Airwave, Network Rail, O2, and Vodafone, all supply data
voluntarily to Ofcom at approximately 3 months intervals.
Because of the ongoing legal process concerning data disclosure,
Everything Everywhere has decided to suspend its participation for the
present and in consequence, T-Mobile (since 2005) and Orange (since
2010) data has not been updated.

----- End Quote -----
--
Martin Jay
Old March 7th 11, 07:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.mobile Job Justification Hearings, James Lewis
chose the tried and tested strategy of:

Finally - a very usable Google Maps view!

http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/

Finally indeed, but they've still managed to squeeze it into a silly little
frame!

--
<http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
-- Andrew Crossley, ACS:Law, 13 August 2010

Old March 8th 11, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

In article , Martin Jay
scribeth thus
wrote:

Finally - a very usable Google Maps view!

Yes more useful 'tho quite some errors still..

http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/

Hmmm. Doesn't find my local T-Mobile site at Freystrop.

Ah, it doesn't seem to find any T-Mobile sites.

I believe that they T mobile don't can't or won't tell Ofcom where they
are. I might be wrong on that but seem to remember reading it somewhere
in the Ofcom site. I don't think they have to give them this info..

I don't think that have that many sites anyway..
--
Tony Sayer

Old March 9th 11, 01:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 12:48:08 +0000, tony sayer
wrote:

In article , Martin Jay
scribeth thus
wrote:

Finally - a very usable Google Maps view!

Yes more useful 'tho quite some errors still..

http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/

Hmmm. Doesn't find my local T-Mobile site at Freystrop.

Ah, it doesn't seem to find any T-Mobile sites.

I believe that they T mobile don't can't or won't tell Ofcom where they
are. I might be wrong on that but seem to remember reading it somewhere
in the Ofcom site. I don't think they have to give them this info..

I don't think that have that many sites anyway..

Can they really obtain a license to operate a transmitter site without
specifying its location? I would have thought details like that would
have to be specified, and would become part of the license conditions.

Chris
Old March 9th 11, 08:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

In article , Chris Blunt
scribeth thus
On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 12:48:08 +0000, tony sayer
wrote:

In article , Martin Jay
scribeth thus
wrote:

Finally - a very usable Google Maps view!

Yes more useful 'tho quite some errors still..

http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/

Hmmm. Doesn't find my local T-Mobile site at Freystrop.

Ah, it doesn't seem to find any T-Mobile sites.

I believe that they T mobile don't can't or won't tell Ofcom where they
are. I might be wrong on that but seem to remember reading it somewhere
in the Ofcom site. I don't think they have to give them this info..

I don't think that have that many sites anyway..

Can they really obtain a license to operate a transmitter site without
specifying its location? I would have thought details like that would
have to be specified, and would become part of the license conditions.

Chris

Yes you do have to have an operating licence etc but it seems that site
info is an option not a mandatory notification to Ofcom for site
finder..

--
Tony Sayer