Old March 7th 11, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Resurrecting a Desire

Last September I lost my HTC Desire (on 3). It was subsequently reported
lost to 3 who re-isued me with a new sim and a replacement phone, not a
Desire, a LG 520.

The phone has been found and was returned to me last night. After a charge
it seems to work fine but when putting my sim in, the phone does not
recognise it.

Question, is it possible to resurrect it and how do I go about it please?

Thanks in advance

Richard

Old March 7th 11, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"allatsea" wrote in message
news

Last September I lost my HTC Desire (on 3). It was subsequently reported
lost to 3 who re-isued me with a new sim and a replacement phone, not a
Desire, a LG 520.

The phone has been found and was returned to me last night. After a charge
it seems to work fine but when putting my sim in, the phone does not
recognise it.

Question, is it possible to resurrect it and how do I go about it please?

Thanks in advance

Richard

If it was paid out for under any sort of insurance then the salvage belongs
to the insurer.

The phone is probably blocked.

Old March 9th 11, 11:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

allatsea wrote:
Last September I lost my HTC Desire (on 3). It was subsequently
reported lost to 3 who re-isued me with a new sim and a replacement
phone, not a Desire, a LG 520.

The phone has been found and was returned to me last night. After a
charge it seems to work fine but when putting my sim in, the phone
does not recognise it.

Question, is it possible to resurrect it and how do I go about it
please? Thanks in advance
Richard

You could ask 3 to lift the blacklisting, but it probably now belongs
to an insurance co.
You could send it outside Europe to be used in Africa or Asia which
doesn't use the Dublin blacklist database.

Steve Terry
--
Get a free GiffGaff PAYG Sim and 5 bonus after activation at:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/g4wwk

Old March 9th 11, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

No, it doesn't belong to an insurance company, it's mine.

So a call to three customer services (I've been working nights so have't had
the strength or resolve to deal with them until today. On days now.) may
enable un-blocking do you think?

Tks

Old March 9th 11, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"allatsea" wrote in message
No, it doesn't belong to an insurance company, it's mine.

Er, it probably isn't.

If 3 replaced your phone then, if nothing else, (morally) it
probably belongs to them, but they may have made an insurance
claim to fund your replacment phone in which case the associated
insurance company will own it.

You'll find out when you contact them and they won't remove the
blacklisting.

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old March 9th 11, 09:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

I repeat, for the terminally daft, that the phone is mine, 'I have full
title'.

My question, is 'how to unblock it'.

Tks

Old March 9th 11, 10:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

allatsea wrote:
I repeat, for the terminally daft, that the phone is mine,
'I have full title'.

My question, is 'how to unblock it'.

<snip top post

I'm sorry but your constant untrimmed top posting
has left me without the strength to reply

Steve Terry

Old March 12th 11, 04:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 22:51:49 -0000, allatsea wrote:

I repeat, for the terminally daft, that the phone is mine, 'I have full
title'.

So are you going to post here to let us know 3 confirms that despite logic
you still own the phone? LOL

~S