Old February 13th 12, 09:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Three grumble

I was going to order a 3 sim today, unlimited net and 3000 texts, pretty
good. I go to checkout, they want my address, fine. I've lived here for
2 years, so they want my previous address, okay. Unfortunately, their
online ordering system only allows addresses in the UK so I'm SOL.

Old February 13th 12, 09:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 22:13:12 +0000, Chris Hills wrote:

I was going to order a 3 sim today, unlimited net and 3000 texts, pretty
good. I go to checkout, they want my address, fine. I've lived here for
2 years, so they want my previous address, okay. Unfortunately, their
online ordering system only allows addresses in the UK so I'm SOL.

It's pretty standard for any company offering credit to want to see at
least three years of credit history. The credit agencies only keep
records on your history with UK based companies.

Old February 14th 12, 02:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 16:41:06 -0600, Deux wrote:

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 22:13:12 +0000, Chris Hills wrote:

I was going to order a 3 sim today, unlimited net and 3000 texts, pretty
good. I go to checkout, they want my address, fine. I've lived here for
2 years, so they want my previous address, okay. Unfortunately, their
online ordering system only allows addresses in the UK so I'm SOL.

It's pretty standard for any company offering credit to want to see at
least three years of credit history. The credit agencies only keep
records on your history with UK based companies.

And they appear to only keep records of credit with UK based companies
if you're resident in the UK. I live overseas and have a couple of UK
credit cards registered at my overseas address. My credit history with
those cards was not reported by the credit reference agencies last
time I checked.

Chris
Old February 15th 12, 05:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 14/02/2012 03:17, Chris Blunt wrote:
And they appear to only keep records of credit with UK based companies
if you're resident in the UK. I live overseas and have a couple of UK
credit cards registered at my overseas address. My credit history with
those cards was not reported by the credit reference agencies last
time I checked.

I didn't have this problem with o2, but I don't think they asked about
any previous address. Anyway, I just got this reply back from 3 who I
contacted using a form on their website. By the sound of it, they're not
desperate for new customers and they don't care for feedback.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your recent query.

Im sorry but we wont be able to email you back. As stated on our
website, we can only handle queries from existing customers.

However, if you would like to know more about our products and services
you can visit our website or call our 3Store Helpline on 0844 481 2353
(charged at standard rate).

Alternatively, you can also call our Direct Sales team on 08003 589571
and select Option 1. Their working hours a

* Monday to Friday: 8am - 10pm
* Saturday: 8am - 8pm
* Sunday: 10am - 8pm

For any further queries, please give us a call on 0843 373 3333
(5.1p/min from a BT landline, other networks may vary) and well be glad
to help you.

Thanks for contacting Three.

Regards,

Ronny Patel
Three Customer Services

Three / 3 (Mobile) - Skype on three (Non-three [Symbian - Nokia] handsets) News Reader UK Mobile Phones 0 January 5th 10 06:25 AM
Orange -grumble LB UK Mobile Phones 9 August 19th 05 08:01 PM
Three to Three porting ? Phil UK Mobile Phones 5 September 25th 04 11:51 PM
Three to Go - Three network Richard E Williams UK Mobile Phones 4 September 2nd 03 09:04 PM
Cost of calling a THREE mobile from a fixed line and THREE BILLING (by the second)? PaulClarkeDenby UK Mobile Phones 1 August 8th 03 09:04 PM