Old February 18th 12, 07:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default No orange roaming in Costa Rica

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 10:39:11 +0000, Clive Page
wrote:

After an exchange of emails with Orange "customer service" it seems that
there is another list on the Orange website of countries where you can
roam, this one supposedly more definitive, and this one doesn't list
Costa Rica.

Are you able to post a URL for this list? I would find it most useful.

Old February 18th 12, 09:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

No roaming in Costa Rica?

Good heavens, there's plenty of Orange-free zones in the UK, you
don't need to go to Costa Rica to be unable to make calls!

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old February 18th 12, 11:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 18/02/2012 08:50, j42n wrote:
On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 10:39:11 +0000, Clive
Are you able to post a URL for this list? I would find it most useful.

Well it isn't a list, just a stupid Javascript pull-down alphabetical
list. But it's for what it is worth it can be found he
http://studio.orange.co.uk/roaming/

I can't find the page I found initially listing Costa Rica and giving
its charge zone - maybe removed after I complained.

--
Clive Page
Old February 18th 12, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

In message , at 12:39:16 on Sat, 18 Feb
2012, Clive Page remarked:
I can't find the page I found initially listing Costa Rica and giving
its charge zone - maybe removed after I complained.

http:/www1.orange.co.uk/overseas lists Costa Rica in "Rest of the World
2", but that's the cost of calling from the UK, not roaming.

Some of their overseas subsidiaries list it as a roaming destination in
"Zone 5" (the most expensive).
--
Roland Perry
Old February 18th 12, 03:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Woody" wrote in message
No roaming in Costa Rica?

Good heavens, there's plenty of Orange-free zones in the UK, you don't
need to go to Costa Rica to be unable to make calls!

Woody

bloody 1800 Mc/s only systems .........

Old February 18th 12, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 16:06:54 -0000, just as I was about to take a
herb, "Jim gm4dhj ..." disturbed my
reverie and wrote:

bloody 1800 Mc/s only systems

You've got a three-letter call m8, what's this Mc/s stuff?

73s de G4DWV, 4X1LT
--

Cheers

DrT
______________________________
We may not be able to prevent the stormy times in
our lives; but we can always choose to dance
in the puddles (Jewish proverb).
Old February 19th 12, 12:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

reverie and wrote:

bloody 1800 Mc/s only systems

You've got a three-letter call m8, what's this Mc/s stuff?

73s de G4DWV, 4X1LT

cycles per second describes it better than the name of some foreign bloke
don't you think ? ........

Old February 19th 12, 03:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Clive Page" wrote in message
The adoption of the "everything everywhere" brand is more than a bit
ironic. I've just returned from a trip to Costa Rica. I thought that my
orange sim in a 4-band phone would work there, as Costa Rica is was on a
list of countries with charge rates that I found on the Orange site. But
it turns out that Orange has no roaming partner there, and my phone did
not work.

What is even more bizarre is that T-mobile, with which they are supposedly
merged, does have roaming in Costa Rica. My phone works fine on a
T-mobile mast in the UK, but presumably not abroad. Definitely NOT
everything everywhere.

According to http://maps.mobileworldlive.com - Orange have roaming with
"ICE" in Costa Rica, the same as all the other UK networks. Odd.

The T-Mobile website claims voice and text coverage but no GPRS roaming.
Pretty basic, then.

Rgds
Jon.