Old June 12th 12, 10:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Galaxy S3 - same deal, different suppliers - benefits?

I was going to look for a cheap S2 deal once the S3 launched, but the S3
looks quite a bit better and I think the screen resolution is enough to
swing it.

So I am looking for the best deal on an S3.

So far, given that I want to be able to tether to a PC and have unlimited(?)
data then the One Plan from 3 seems to be the way to go.

O.K. - now to sign up for the deal.
I can sign up online with 3, with the local 3 shop, with Carphone Warehouse
(probably with others as well) but they all seem to offer the same deal.
No upfront charge, £34 a month for 24 months.

So why would I sign up via Carphone Warehouse, for example?
Or alternatively, why would I sign up through the 3 shop?
Or Tesco, for that matter - they all seem to offer the same deal at the same
price.

Cheers

Dave R

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Old June 12th 12, 11:12 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

On 12/06/2012 10:53, David WE Roberts wrote:

O.K. - now to sign up for the deal.
I can sign up online with 3, with the local 3 shop, with Carphone
Warehouse (probably with others as well) but they all seem to offer
the same deal.
No upfront charge, £34 a month for 24 months.

Or sign-up via Quidco and get £55 cash-back for the same deal.
Old June 12th 12, 11:19 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

"Andrew May" wrote in message
On 12/06/2012 10:53, David WE Roberts wrote:

O.K. - now to sign up for the deal.
I can sign up online with 3, with the local 3 shop, with Carphone
Warehouse (probably with others as well) but they all seem to offer
the same deal.
No upfront charge, £34 a month for 24 months.

Or sign-up via Quidco and get £55 cash-back for the same deal.

Any 'gotchas' with Quidco?
Do you have to jump through hoops to get the money?

Old June 12th 12, 11:28 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

On 12/06/2012 11:19, David WE Roberts wrote:

"Andrew May" wrote in message
On 12/06/2012 10:53, David WE Roberts wrote:

O.K. - now to sign up for the deal.
I can sign up online with 3, with the local 3 shop, with Carphone
Warehouse (probably with others as well) but they all seem to offer
the same deal.
No upfront charge, £34 a month for 24 months.

Or sign-up via Quidco and get £55 cash-back for the same deal.

Any 'gotchas' with Quidco?
Do you have to jump through hoops to get the money?

Never had any problems but I only use it for big purchases, not the 5p
here and 10p there types.

There is always the chance that you won't get your money but I got £54
back on a ten pound a month deal with 3 so effectively half price over
the 12-month contract.

It is effectively an upfront cash back. None of this claim every three
months to arrive not earlier than the Tuesday and not later than the
Thursday malarkey.

What you are basically getting is the fee that 3 would pay to any
referral site. Quidco just gives it back to you and charges a fiver a
year for doing so. But then only from what you get back so you never
actually _pay_ them anything.

Old June 12th 12, 11:35 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

On 12/06/2012 11:12 Andrew May wrote:

On 12/06/2012 10:53, David WE Roberts wrote:

O.K. - now to sign up for the deal.
I can sign up online with 3, with the local 3 shop, with Carphone
Warehouse (probably with others as well) but they all seem to offer
the same deal.
No upfront charge, £34 a month for 24 months.

Or sign-up via Quidco and get £55 cash-back for the same deal.

Or sign up through TopCashBack at
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/digital (referral link) and get the
same £55 but without the £5 annual fee.

Old June 12th 12, 11:38 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 11:19:03 +0100, David WE Roberts wrote:

Or sign-up via Quidco and get £55 cash-back for the same deal.

Any 'gotchas' with Quidco?

Not that I have noticed. The biggest one is buying something on line
but forgetting to click through Quidco...

Do you have to jump through hoops to get the money?

Nope, it just arrives but may take a while. They will deduct the
£5/year you get as their fee. You do get the occasional problem with
a transaction not tracking but they are normally sorted out fairly
quickly.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old June 12th 12, 06:55 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

F wrote:
On 12/06/2012 11:12 Andrew May wrote:

On 12/06/2012 10:53, David WE Roberts wrote:

O.K. - now to sign up for the deal.
I can sign up online with 3, with the local 3 shop, with Carphone
Warehouse (probably with others as well) but they all seem to offer
the same deal.
No upfront charge, £34 a month for 24 months.

Or sign-up via Quidco and get £55 cash-back for the same deal.

Or sign up through TopCashBack at
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/digital (referral link) and get the
same £55 but without the £5 annual fee.

I find Quidco more reliable
Just got £27 Quidco cashback from my Swinton motorcycle insurance

Both my 3 Skype S2 payg phones were bought using Quidco
and have received the first of two £50 Quidco cashbacks for Sky
Broadband and Talk without TV taken out in April

Steve Terry
--
Get a free GiffGaff PAYG Sim and £5 bonus after activation at:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gfourwwk

Old June 12th 12, 09:33 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

"Steve Terry" wrote in message
F wrote:
On 12/06/2012 11:12 Andrew May wrote:

On 12/06/2012 10:53, David WE Roberts wrote:

O.K. - now to sign up for the deal.
I can sign up online with 3, with the local 3 shop, with Carphone
Warehouse (probably with others as well) but they all seem to offer
the same deal.
No upfront charge, £34 a month for 24 months.

Or sign-up via Quidco and get £55 cash-back for the same deal.

Or sign up through TopCashBack at
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/digital (referral link) and get the
same £55 but without the £5 annual fee.

I find Quidco more reliable
Just got £27 Quidco cashback from my Swinton motorcycle insurance

Both my 3 Skype S2 payg phones were bought using Quidco
and have received the first of two £50 Quidco cashbacks for Sky
Broadband and Talk without TV taken out in April

O.K. - thanks to those who responded.
I've gone through Quidco and had a tracking confirmation, so looking good.

Old June 13th 12, 09:47 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

On 12/06/2012 18:55 Steve Terry wrote:

I find Quidco more reliable

That's interesting. I moved from Quidco to TopCashBack because I was
forever having to chase commission. TopCashBack have been much more
reliable for me (and friends and family).

Just received £68.25 from Aviva for car insurance and £169.53 from Marks
and Spencer after using TopCashBack's highest cashback guarantee. Just
coming up to £1050 in commission since I transferred.

There's a comparison with Quidco at http://www.topcashback.co.uk/quidco
which matches my experience.

As always, YMMV.