Old February 24th 13, 12:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Phone plus Galaxy Tab 2 7" deals - is the tablet 3G too?

There are quite a lot of deals out there offering a phone plus a
'free' Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" tablet but I can't work out from any of
them if the tablet is a 3G tablet and gets a SIM too.

Does anyone know? .... or can anyone point me at good contract deals
for a Galaxy Tab 2 7" with 3G SIM etc.?

--
Chris Green

Old February 24th 13, 04:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

wrote in message ...
There are quite a lot of deals out there offering a phone plus a
'free' Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" tablet but I can't work out from any of
them if the tablet is a 3G tablet and gets a SIM too.

Does anyone know? .... or can anyone point me at good contract deals
for a Galaxy Tab 2 7" with 3G SIM etc.?

--
Chris Green

Doubtful, but you will almost certainly be able to use the phone as a modem
either on USB or via Bluetooth if you are lucky.

Old February 24th 13, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

R. Mark Clayton wrote:

wrote in message ...
There are quite a lot of deals out there offering a phone plus a
'free' Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" tablet but I can't work out from any of
them if the tablet is a 3G tablet and gets a SIM too.

Does anyone know? .... or can anyone point me at good contract deals
for a Galaxy Tab 2 7" with 3G SIM etc.?

--
Chris Green

Doubtful, but you will almost certainly be able to use the phone as a modem
either on USB or via Bluetooth if you are lucky.

.... but it's a rather messy way to do it isn't it, and if you've left
your phone somewhere it won't work.

--
Chris Green
Old February 25th 13, 07:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Bob Martin wrote:

I just enable 3G and tethering on my SGS+ and put it back in my
shirt pocket and my Nexus 7 has a 54 Mbps WiFi connection.

Wow! What parts of the country have 54Mbps 3G signals? I'm still
searching for the mythical 42Mbps DC-HSPA+ signal ...

Old February 25th 13, 01:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

in 656419 20130225 082331 Andy Burns wrote:
Bob Martin wrote:

I just enable 3G and tethering on my SGS+ and put it back in my
shirt pocket and my Nexus 7 has a 54 Mbps WiFi connection.

Wow! What parts of the country have 54Mbps 3G signals? I'm still
searching for the mythical 42Mbps DC-HSPA+ signal ...

I did wonder, but that's what WiFi Manager reports.
(I see a little H above the signal icon.)
Old February 25th 13, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Bob Martin wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Bob Martin wrote:

I just enable 3G and tethering on my SGS+ and put it back in my
shirt pocket and my Nexus 7 has a 54 Mbps WiFi connection.

Wow! What parts of the country have 54Mbps 3G signals? I'm still
searching for the mythical 42Mbps DC-HSPA+ signal ...

I did wonder, but that's what WiFi Manager reports.

It's like the old days of dial-up internet, Windows would report a
connection at the 115K2 serial port speed, when the modem was connecting
to the ISP at e.g. 28K8

(I see a little H above the signal icon.)

On the phone presumably, rather than the N7?

Old February 26th 13, 01:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
Bob Martin wrote:

I just enable 3G and tethering on my SGS+ and put it back in my
shirt pocket and my Nexus 7 has a 54 Mbps WiFi connection.

Wow! What parts of the country have 54Mbps 3G signals? I'm still
searching for the mythical 42Mbps DC-HSPA+ signal ...

They don't, it is just that link that is 54Mbps.

Bluetooth 2.0 is only 2mbps so a connection via that will normally be slower
than the connection to the web.

PS I get 14M4bps on 3G here, but I am just 250m from an UMTS macro-cell.