Old May 19th 13, 09:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
BC BC is offline

Default PAC expiry

Hi guys

looking for clarification on porting.

My 12 months minimum term with Orange finishes on the 18th June.

I have requested my PAC today as I want to take the number to Asda
mobile. The PAC expires on the 17th June.

Can I phone the PAC through to Asda on the 17th, which should result in
the port happening on the 18th, or is this not possible as the PAC
expires on the 17th?

I did read somewhere that the number transfer can happen up to the 32nd
day, which seems to suggest that the PAC can be used on the expiry date.

I guess I could phone the PAC through on Friday 14th which would result
in the number porting on Monday 17th?

Some clarification or confirmation would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Old May 19th 13, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 19/05/2013 10:53, BC wrote:

I have requested my PAC today as I want to take the number to Asda
mobile. The PAC expires on the 17th June.

Can I phone the PAC through to Asda on the 17th, which should result in
the port happening on the 18th, or is this not possible as the PAC
expires on the 17th?

You have to get the port to the new company registered/booked before the
PAC expires. If the PAC definitely doesn't expire until 11:59 pm on 17
June then what you propose will work fine; however personally, for the
sake of 1 day I certainly wouldn't be risking it, and would phone up no
later than 16 June.

--
David
Old May 19th 13, 04:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
BC BC is offline

On 19/05/2013 12:51, Lobster wrote:

You have to get the port to the new company registered/booked before the
PAC expires. If the PAC definitely doesn't expire until 11:59 pm on 17
June then what you propose will work fine; however personally, for the
sake of 1 day I certainly wouldn't be risking it, and would phone up no
later than 16 June.

--
David

Ah yes! Hadn't thought of that! My head was fixed on porting doesn't
happen at the weekend, nothing stopping me from phoning the PAC through
on the Sunday though!

Cheers!
Old May 19th 13, 05:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
BC BC is offline

On 19/05/2013 12:51, Lobster wrote:

You have to get the port to the new company registered/booked before the
PAC expires. If the PAC definitely doesn't expire until 11:59 pm on 17
June then what you propose will work fine; however personally, for the
sake of 1 day I certainly wouldn't be risking it, and would phone up no
later than 16 June.

--
David

Ah yes! Hadn't thought of that! My head was fixed on porting doesn't
happen at the weekend, nothing stopping me from phoning the PAC through
on the Saturday though!

Cheers!
Old May 24th 13, 10:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Sun, 19 May 2013 10:53:32 +0100, BC
wrote:

Hi guys

looking for clarification on porting.

My 12 months minimum term with Orange finishes on the 18th June.

I have requested my PAC today as I want to take the number to Asda
mobile. The PAC expires on the 17th June.

When I cancelled my Orange contract the PAC they gave me expired about
3 days before the contract ended. Orange refused to give me another
PAC until after the contract ended. I assume this was so they could
rip me off even more than they had already done.

When I tried the PAC it didn't work and I had to phone them again to
get another one!
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?