Old July 2nd 13, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband

Default Vodafone (huawei?) R212 Mifi

I'm looking at mobile broadband and see Vodafone are offering (just
launched) a 4G ready[1] mobile wifi unit the R212.

Zero data on their site (spec page blank) but it looks very similar to a
Huawei E5776 which seems a very nice unit, 10hour battery and so on.
Even if it is never used for 4G, that IMV makes it worth the 20quid
premium over the standard R206 (39quid 19 on a 12 month contract + the
data 10quid 1G, 15quid 2G).

Can anyone in the know confirm that it is in fact the E5776? Would also
welcome a pointer to a source to decode providers' device codes vs mfr
codes to avoid the kind of time wasting search I've just been through.

[1] Yes, I know . . . .
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

Old July 10th 13, 02:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

I don't know for sure but on the vodafone website is says the R212 has download speeds of up to 100m/bit - but if you look at the 5776 that has up to 150m/bit.

Given this I suspect that the R212 is more likely based on the Huawei e589 rather than the e5776.

....but just a guess...