Old August 14th 13, 09:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Advice please

On 2013-08-13, Daniel James wrote:
In article , Phil W Lee
wrote:
[ about the CARK-91 ]
If it matters to you, you can fit a bluetooth "dongle" into the kit
(in place of the phone) which allows any bluetooth phone to use it.
It doesn't help with the aerial or charging, although it avoids
re-wiring the back of the dashboard.

Interesting ... I might look into that.

The antenna is the killer, though. Why do *NO* modern phones have
external antenna connections? None do, as far as I can see.

I think the preferred solution these days is a "repeater"; no mechanical
connection at all to the handset.

--
-- Whiskers

Advice Please (Long) UK Mobile Phones 0 August 3rd 03 09:43 AM
Advice Please (Long) UK Mobile Phones 0 August 3rd 03 09:41 AM
orange tarriff advice please Michael Robertson UK Mobile Phones 2 July 26th 03 10:38 PM
Orange Tariff / Handset advice appreciated please Craig Henry UK Mobile Phones 0 July 10th 03 08:01 PM
Phone advice [Was: Confirmation about ported number call charges and network advice] Paul Baker UK Mobile Phones 0 July 7th 03 10:41 PM