Old August 17th 13, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Vodafone Sim only contract start date

I Vodafone were to send me a sim for a new contract. When would the
contract start? e.g. The day I place the order, when I first use the
sim to connect to the Vodafone network or some other date?

--
Michael Chare

Old August 17th 13, 03:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Michael Chare used his keyboard to write :
I Vodafone were to send me a sim for a new contract. When would the contract
start? e.g. The day I place the order, when I first use the sim to connect
to the Vodafone network or some other date?

Yes.

In other words, any of the above. You should ask them when you place
the order.

Old August 17th 13, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 17/08/2013 16:54, Jono wrote:
Michael Chare used his keyboard to write :
I Vodafone were to send me a sim for a new contract. When would the
contract start? e.g. The day I place the order, when I first use the
sim to connect to the Vodafone network or some other date?

Yes.

In other words, any of the above. You should ask them when you place the
order.

I will ask, but will I get the right answers? I can specify a start date
so hopefully it will all work and I will get the sim in advance, but I
want to port my number from T-Mobile near the end of the 30 day window.

--
Michael Chare
Old August 17th 13, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Michael Chare submitted this idea :
On 17/08/2013 16:54, Jono wrote:
Michael Chare used his keyboard to write :
I Vodafone were to send me a sim for a new contract. When would the
contract start? e.g. The day I place the order, when I first use the
sim to connect to the Vodafone network or some other date?

Yes.

In other words, any of the above. You should ask them when you place the
order.

I will ask, but will I get the right answers? I can specify a start date so
hopefully it will all work and I will get the sim in advance, but I want to
port my number from T-Mobile near the end of the 30 day window.

Are Vodafone offering in-life porting, or do you mean something else?

Old August 17th 13, 11:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 17/08/2013 16:54, Jono wrote:
Michael Chare used his keyboard to write :
I Vodafone were to send me a sim for a new contract. When would the
contract start? e.g. The day I place the order, when I first use the
sim to connect to the Vodafone network or some other date?

Yes.

In other words, any of the above. You should ask them when you place the
order.

I will ask, but will I get the right answers? I can specify a start
date so hopefully it will all work and I will get the sim in advance,
but I want to port my number from T-Mobile near the end of the 30 day
window.

Are Vodafone offering in-life porting, or do you mean something else?

I want to port at the start of the contract, but AFAICT Vodafone now
allow in life porting.

--
Michael Chare

Old August 20th 13, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Saturday, August 17, 2013 4:37:44 PM UTC+1, Michael Chare wrote:
I Vodafone were to send me a sim for a new contract. When would the

contract start? e.g. The day I place the order, when I first use the

sim to connect to the Vodafone network or some other date?

--

Michael Chare

It's the date the SIM is dispatched. You should get an email when this happens.
A few days later Vodafone will send you another email which has your contract start and end date as well.