Old August 30th 13, 12:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Are all PAYG phones unlocked?

In message , at 18:52:50 on Thu, 29 Aug
2013, Woody remarked:
The point I was making is that you will
probably be able to get 'conventional' phones with the 3G band on
board from 3 but you will find the range of such phones from EE,
VF, and O2 pretty well non-existent.

As new phones in the store today, perhaps (I haven't checked, and to
some extent it depends on whether you regard a Blackberry-alike as a
"smart" phone or not).

But that tells us nothing at all about the number of 3G capable phones
sold between (say) 2004 when Vodafone launched 3G, and last week. That's
nine years! And actually only one year less than "3" has been going.
--
Roland Perry

Old August 31st 13, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 20/08/2013 09:17, chris wrote:
I've never bought a PAYG phone before, but am considering one for child
no. 1.

If I buy one from, say, 3 can I use it with an EE SIM?

Also, what tips/experience do people have regarding young people and
avoiding large bills. Is PAYG the best way or are there alternatives?

Many thanks.

Why not buy a second hand unlocked one?
Derek