Old August 22nd 13, 07:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Advice please on upgrades

My iPhone was stolen last week. It wasn't insured and had been bought
outright. There's no way I can afford another one at the moment (or in the
foreseeable future). I am currently on Orange Dolphin at 7.50 a month which
is fine for what I use. CPW currently have the Galaxy s3 for 14 a month on
02, with sufficient calls texts and data for me, if bought as an upgrade. As
I never normally buy phone on contract I am unsure as to what counts as an
upgrade. Would my circumstances count? Also does anyone know if the 14 is
inclusive of VAT?
And also, what is your opinion of the S3? Having had iPhones since they came
out, I'm totally lost when it comes to other phones.
Thanks for any advice

Old August 22nd 13, 02:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 22/08/2013 08:25, DJH wrote:
My iPhone was stolen last week. It wasn't insured

do you have home insurance?

--
David Kennedy

http://www.anindianinexile.com
Old August 22nd 13, 04:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

In message , at
15:45:23 on Thu, 22 Aug 2013, David Kennedy
remarked:
My iPhone was stolen last week. It wasn't insured

do you have home insurance?

.... with a specific clause about 'valuables' and 'stolen from other than
the home'.
--
Roland Perry
Old August 22nd 13, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

In message
"DJH" wrote:

And also, what is your opinion of the S3?

It's a lovely phone. I have had mine since last October. I would
heartily recommend it.

Dave

Old August 23rd 13, 02:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 08:25:59 +0100, "DJH" wrote:

My iPhone was stolen last week. It wasn't insured and had been bought
outright. There's no way I can afford another one at the moment (or in the
foreseeable future). I am currently on Orange Dolphin at 7.50 a month which
is fine for what I use. CPW currently have the Galaxy s3 for 14 a month on
02, with sufficient calls texts and data for me, if bought as an upgrade. As
I never normally buy phone on contract I am unsure as to what counts as an
upgrade. Would my circumstances count? Also does anyone know if the 14 is
inclusive of VAT?
And also, what is your opinion of the S3? Having had iPhones since they came
out, I'm totally lost when it comes to other phones.
Thanks for any advice

If you buy a another contract then you may still be stuck in the
Orange contract too. Or maybe you can cancel with short notice.

The S3 is a very good phone IMHO but I am anti-Apple ;-)

Talk to CPW about their upgrade deals. I'm sure they can tell you
whether you are eligible.

Old August 23rd 13, 05:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 15:30:19 +0100, Mark wrote:

[...]

The word is 'malophobe'!

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Advice Please (Long) UK Mobile Phones 0 August 3rd 03 09:43 AM
Advice Please (Long) UK Mobile Phones 0 August 3rd 03 09:41 AM
orange tarriff advice please Michael Robertson UK Mobile Phones 2 July 26th 03 10:38 PM
Orange Tariff / Handset advice appreciated please Craig Henry UK Mobile Phones 0 July 10th 03 08:01 PM
Phone advice [Was: Confirmation about ported number call charges and network advice] Paul Baker UK Mobile Phones 0 July 7th 03 10:41 PM