Old August 24th 13, 08:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Extract Exception trying to download firefox browser on Android

On 2013-08-25, t jones wrote:
Have Huawei ascend g300 with Android and vodafone software on it. It says i
have downloaded Mozill firefox 20-0-1 dw1 up to down com, when i click on
it, up comes 'prompt' and then it tells me its an Extract Exception.

Could anyone explain to a novice what might be happening please.

Is that from the Google Play app store?

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Old August 25th 13, 03:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 2013-08-25, t jones wrote:
Have Huawei ascend g300 with Android and vodafone software on it.
It says i have downloaded Mozill firefox 20-0-1 dw1 up to down com,
when i click on it, up comes 'prompt' and then it tells me its an
Extract Exception.

Could anyone explain to a novice what might be happening please.

Is that from the Google Play app store?

No I downloaded the link for the copilot web page.

I don't know what "the link for the copilot web page" might be, but it
looks as though you're trying to install something that isn't meant to
work on your Android device - and which may not be the current genuine
version of Firefox for any operating system.

The best place to get apps for Android devices, is the Google Play app
store, for which you will have an icon already on your device. You will
need to set up a Google account associated with your Huawei (one Google
account can be associated with more than one Android device). If you go
to the official Firefox web site to download Firefox for your Android
device, you will be taken to the Google Play app store.

<http://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/manuals/index.htm
<https://play.google.com/store?hl=en&tab=w8
<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/?utm_source=firefox-com&utm_medium=referral

--
-- Whiskers

Old August 25th 13, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile