Old August 27th 13, 10:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Three Like Home is back

Only this time it's called 'Feel At Home', and details are hidden deep
within the Three website:

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-...ase=ob j(8216)
aka
http://preview.tinyurl.com/n8bcmq2

(if that doesn't work, Support - Roaming & International - About roaming &
international charges - About Feel at Home)

Essentially, in countries with a Hutchison 3G network, you can use your UK
call/text/data allowances without extra costs. If you're over allowances
it's 20p/mn, 7p/SMS, 10p/MB. Normal UK addons can be bought and work.

Theo

Old August 27th 13, 11:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 27/08/2013 11:36, Theo Markettos wrote:
Only this time it's called 'Feel At Home', and details are hidden deep
within the Three website:

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-...ase=ob j(8216)
aka
http://preview.tinyurl.com/n8bcmq2

(if that doesn't work, Support - Roaming & International - About roaming &
international charges - About Feel at Home)

Essentially, in countries with a Hutchison 3G network, you can use your UK
call/text/data allowances without extra costs. If you're over allowances
it's 20p/mn, 7p/SMS, 10p/MB. Normal UK addons can be bought and work.

That's pretty good, but the list of countries is pretty eclectic:

"You can currently enjoy Feel At Home in the following countries:

Australia
Austria
Denmark
Hong Kong
Italy
Republic of Ireland
Sweden.
"

This wouldn't fill me with comfort either: "we reserve the right to
extend, withdraw or modify Feel At Home at any time"

Old August 27th 13, 11:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 27/08/2013 12:09, chris wrote:
On 27/08/2013 11:36, Theo Markettos wrote:

Essentially, in countries with a Hutchison 3G network, you can use
your UK
call/text/data allowances without extra costs. If you're over allowances
it's 20p/mn, 7p/SMS, 10p/MB. Normal UK addons can be bought and work.

That's pretty good, but the list of countries is pretty eclectic:

"You can currently enjoy Feel At Home in the following countries:

Australia
Austria
Denmark
Hong Kong
Italy
Republic of Ireland
Sweden.
"

This wouldn't fill me with comfort either: "we reserve the right to
extend, withdraw or modify Feel At Home at any time"

Well, as Theo correctly said for "eclectic" read "countries with a
Hutchison 3G network". Presumably they reserve the right to sell some
of those networks, or buy other ones.
Old August 27th 13, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

In message , at 12:09:36 on Tue, 27 Aug
2013, chris remarked:
This wouldn't fill me with comfort either: "we reserve the right to
extend, withdraw or modify Feel At Home at any time"

It means "we might change our mind yet again, and withdraw this feature
altogether - after all, we have form". But all mobile phone pricing
policies might (and often do) change tomorrow; so move along, nothing to
see here.
--
Roland Perry