Old February 6th 17, 02:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
SB SB is offline

Default DORO Messages: Suddenly Font Is Too Large

I have a Doro 8030. All of the font sizes were and still are set to 'Normal..' This has been the case since the initial purchase last year. However In the last few days there has been an automated update from Doro. This has installed a Doro keyboard - which I didn't want. But the other change is that even though all of the font sizes are still set to 'Normal,' the font size on any received SMS Messages is so large that now I can't read the text. I have taken the Doro to a number of O2 shops but they all say that the text is obviously set to Extra Large and cannot be changed even though all the config. settings still say 'Normal.' But the phone was OK a few days ago. Please what can I do? Thank you - Stephen

Old February 6th 17, 03:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"SB" wrote in message
I have a Doro 8030. All of the font sizes were and still are set to
'Normal.' This has been the case since the initial purchase last year.
However In the last few days there has been an automated update from
Doro. This has installed a Doro keyboard - which I didn't want. But
the other change is that even though all of the font sizes are still
set to 'Normal,' the font size on any received SMS Messages is so
large that now I can't read the text. I have taken the Doro to a
number of O2 shops but they all say that the text is obviously set to
Extra Large and cannot be changed even though all the config. settings
still say 'Normal.' But the phone was OK a few days ago. Please what
can I do? Thank you - Stephen

First off, turn the phone off, and if you can remove the battery for
30 seconds, then refit and switch on again.

If that doesn't cure it this may sound daft but try changing the text
size to something else - either smaller or bigger - then go back to
normal setting.

Other than that try contacting Doro support for advice.

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old February 6th 17, 05:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Woody wrote:

"SB" wrote in message
[...]

If that fails you could try a reset.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10...0.html?page=39

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Old February 11th 17, 06:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Monday, 6 February 2017 18:14:08 UTC, Tim+ wrote:
Woody wrote:

"SB" wrote in message
[...]

Here's the solution ...

How to resize the font of incoming SMS texts:

View / Messages / I want to...

Open Settings / SMS / Text zoom level

Slider left to 0

Old August 29th 17, 10:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Brilliant thanks

Old November 26th 17, 03:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Thanks so much, it worked!

Old March 4th 18, 02:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Worked a treat. Thanks
Old December 10th 19, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Woody wrote:

"SB" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you so much, this worked a treat!