Old March 8th 17, 07:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Date of Easter

I use my mobile phone's calendar to plan meetings etc. I am rather disappointed that it doesn't yet
show the date of Easter this year, only a few weeks away. It is set to display UK holidays, and
last year's Easter is there.

Are all phones the same or is it just the Sony Xperia?

Old March 8th 17, 09:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Wed, 08 Mar 2017 08:30:01 +0000, Optimist
wrote:

I use my mobile phone's calendar to plan meetings etc. I am rather disappointed that it doesn't yet
show the date of Easter this year, only a few weeks away. It is set to display UK holidays, and
last year's Easter is there.

Are all phones the same or is it just the Sony Xperia?

Mine shows it - Galaxy S% mini, with software replaced. Maybe you
should root your phone, replace the firmware and install generic
Google calendar?
Old March 8th 17, 10:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

wrote:

I use my mobile phone's calendar to plan meetings etc. I am rather disappointed that it doesn't yet
show the date of Easter this year, only a few weeks away. It is set to display UK holidays, and
last year's Easter is there.

Are all phones the same or is it just the Sony Xperia?

Mine shows it - Galaxy S% mini, with software replaced. Maybe you
should root your phone, replace the firmware and install generic
Google calendar?

The funny thing is it does sync with my Google calendar (which I access via my PC) which does have
the dates highlighted.

Thanks for the tip - I'll have a word with my supplier to see if there is a less drastic remedy!
Old March 8th 17, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Optimist wrote:
I use my mobile phone's calendar to plan meetings etc. I am rather
disappointed that it doesn't yet
show the date of Easter this year, only a few weeks away. It is set to
display UK holidays, and
last year's Easter is there.

Are all phones the same or is it just the Sony Xperia?

Hmmm. Can't find it on my iPhone either...

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Old March 8th 17, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Tim+ wrote:
Optimist wrote:
I use my mobile phone's calendar to plan meetings etc. I am rather
disappointed that it doesn't yet
show the date of Easter this year, only a few weeks away. It is set to
display UK holidays, and
last year's Easter is there.

Are all phones the same or is it just the Sony Xperia?

Hmmm. Can't find it on my iPhone either...

Tim

Oops, take that back. It's not in holidays shared by Gmail but it is in
Apple's own public holidays calendar. (Too many fecking calendars!) ;-)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Old March 8th 17, 03:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Ah, so we now have to have secular phones eh? Afraid that if they
enter a Christian event ISIS might go after 'em? Not.

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old March 8th 17, 05:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 08/03/2017 15:32, Tim+ wrote:
Optimist wrote:
I use my mobile phone's calendar to plan meetings etc. I am rather
disappointed that it doesn't yet
show the date of Easter this year, only a few weeks away. It is set to
display UK holidays, and
last year's Easter is there.

Are all phones the same or is it just the Sony Xperia?

Hmmm. Can't find it on my iPhone either...

Tim

Easter Sunday isn't a national holiday. Easter Monday shows in my
Experia Z now I have enabled UK holidays.

Dave
Old March 8th 17, 05:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 18:19:12 +0000, David Wade
wrote:

On 08/03/2017 15:32, Tim+ wrote:
Optimist wrote:
I use my mobile phone's calendar to plan meetings etc. I am rather
disappointed that it doesn't yet
show the date of Easter this year, only a few weeks away. It is set to
display UK holidays, and
last year's Easter is there.

Are all phones the same or is it just the Sony Xperia?

Hmmm. Can't find it on my iPhone either...

Tim

Easter Sunday isn't a national holiday. Easter Monday shows in my
Experia Z now I have enabled UK holidays.

Technically correct no doubt but does this mean Christmas Day is not
shown (as Christmas Day) on calendars if it occurs on a Saturday or a
Sunday?
Old March 8th 17, 05:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Wednesday, 8 March 2017 08:30:13 UTC, Optimist wrote:
I use my mobile phone's calendar to plan meetings etc. I am rather disappointed that it doesn't yet
show the date of Easter this year, only a few weeks away. It is set to display UK holidays, and
last year's Easter is there.

Are all phones the same or is it just the Sony Xperia?

Where did you buy it? Dubai duty free shop in UAE maybe?
Old March 8th 17, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 10:56:25 -0800 (PST), "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

On Wednesday, 8 March 2017 08:30:13 UTC, Optimist wrote:
I use my mobile phone's calendar to plan meetings etc. I am rather disappointed that it doesn't yet
show the date of Easter this year, only a few weeks away. It is set to display UK holidays, and
last year's Easter is there.

Are all phones the same or is it just the Sony Xperia?

Where did you buy it? Dubai duty free shop in UAE maybe?

It probably has the same issue with Ramadan, it being a movable fast,
to coin a phrase.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%