Old March 16th 17, 03:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile

Default Cheap pocket camera versus smartphone

In uk.telecom.mobile Woody wrote:
has the optical zoom (if not the image quality) of a proper SLR.

If it's not too expensive the Panasonic TZ60 does most of what
you're
looking for (maybe the TZ70 or something now).

Definitely +1.

I had a TZ40 which somehow got lost in Durham but it was simple to use
and took good pictures. I replaced it with a TZ70 - the slightly
better version of the TZ60 - which was even better until (I think) I

I would hardly call the Panasonic TZ series either "simple" or "cheap"

ANyway I had a TZ10 and then a TZ40 and was pleased UNTIL the lens jammed
on the TZ40 (about 9 months after the warranty ran out!). I vowed then
to avoid these superzoom conpacts in the future - there is just too much
lens movement and it's prone to fail by either hitting an obstruction or
grit in the machanism I feel!