Old September 8th 18, 09:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Sharp practice from 3?

In message , John2
writes
On Thu, 6 Sep 2018 11:04:16 +0100, David Rance
wrote:

I've just topped up my SIM with 3 with 5. I understood that with a
top-up one got 150 free Internet megabytes valid for one month. At
least, that's what it's always been when I top up with 5.

A little over a year ago Three removed the 150MB data allowance on top up all
together. In the last month or so they have reinstated it, but only with a one
day expiry, as you have seen.

I top up with 5 once every six months. Hadn't noticed what was going
on. It was the fact that it was valid for only one day that infuriated
me.

Personally, I use one of the Three Internet With Legs SIM cards. This gives
200MB free every month and allows calls, teats and addition data at the same
rates as their PAYG cards. Card needs registering on a mobile device but after
that it's plain sailing.

Yes, I have another Three SIM that does that. I use it as an emergency
connection to the Internet from my router. That usually covers what
limited use I have for it and so I rarely have to top up on that SIM.

David

--
David Rance writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France
Old September 8th 18, 09:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

In message , Mark Carver
writes
On 06/09/2018 11:04, David Rance wrote:
I've just topped up my SIM with 3 with 5. I understood that with a
top-up one got 150 free Internet megabytes valid for one month. At
least, that's what it's always been when I top up with 5.
My free megabytes appear to be valid for one day! They expire
tomorrow!
If we were told about this then I missed that announcement!

It's been the case since May 2017

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...php?p=72534540

That's all right if you happen to read moneysavingexpert.com, but it's
hardly an official announcement.

They swindled me a few years ago as well. I was going away and so I
topped up a couple of times. When the time came to use the second top up
they counted the thirty days from the moment I bought it, not from when
I started using it!

My word, one does need to be on one's toes!

David

--
David Rance writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France