Old September 6th 18, 10:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Sharp practice from 3?

I've just topped up my SIM with 3 with 5. I understood that with a
top-up one got 150 free Internet megabytes valid for one month. At
least, that's what it's always been when I top up with 5.

My free megabytes appear to be valid for one day! They expire tomorrow!

If we were told about this then I missed that announcement!

David

Old September 6th 18, 10:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 06/09/2018 11:04, David Rance wrote:
I've just topped up my SIM with 3 with £5. I understood that with a
top-up one got 150 free Internet megabytes valid for one month. At
least, that's what it's always been when I top up with £5.

My free megabytes appear to be valid for one day! They expire tomorrow!

If we were told about this then I missed that announcement!

It's been the case since May 2017

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...php?p=72534540

--
Mark
Old September 6th 18, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Thu, 6 Sep 2018 11:04:16 +0100, David Rance
wrote:

I've just topped up my SIM with 3 with 5. I understood that with a
top-up one got 150 free Internet megabytes valid for one month. At
least, that's what it's always been when I top up with 5.

A little over a year ago Three removed the 150MB data allowance on top up all
together. In the last month or so they have reinstated it, but only with a one
day expiry, as you have seen.

Personally, I use one of the Three Internet With Legs SIM cards. This gives
200MB free every month and allows calls, teats and addition data at the same
rates as their PAYG cards. Card needs registering on a mobile device but after
that it's plain sailing.
Old September 6th 18, 03:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Mark Carver wrote:
On 06/09/2018 11:04, David Rance wrote:
I've just topped up my SIM with 3 with 5. I understood that with a
top-up one got 150 free Internet megabytes valid for one month. At
least, that's what it's always been when I top up with 5.

My free megabytes appear to be valid for one day! They expire tomorrow!

If we were told about this then I missed that announcement!

It's been the case since May 2017

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...php?p=72534540

Not quite!

In May 2017 3 reduced the "free" 150Mb to just 10Mb ..... but these 10Mb
potentially lasted 30 days (as the 150Mb previously did!)

I have just (within the last 5 minutes) tried it and I got 150Mb - BUT
they are valid until 07/09/2017 (as the OP found)

This would seem to be a screw-up as it does not conform to any rules!

Old September 6th 18, 03:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

John2 wrote:
Personally, I use one of the Three Internet With Legs SIM cards. This gives
200MB free every month and allows calls, teats and addition data at the same
rates as their PAYG cards. Card needs registering on a mobile device but after
that it's plain sailing.

Can you transfer a 321 number to one of these cards buy any means?

Old September 6th 18, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 06/09/2018 15:57, John2 wrote:

This gives ... teats

Lucky you! Do you get to specify the owner of them?!

Old September 6th 18, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Thu, 6 Sep 2018 15:06:07 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

Can you transfer a 321 number to one of these cards buy any means?

I'm not actually sure. The numbers for these tend do be in the Three data
range (i.e. beging with 07490).