Old November 5th 18, 10:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Talk Home PAYG

On 05/11/2018 17:53, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 05/11/2018 17:02, DerekF wrote:

OK, I found it:
Our only requirement is that you top-up by £10 at least once every 120
days. All unused credit rolls over, so you never lose it.

Top up by £10 and your next top-up won't be due for another 120 days

And if you're a VERY light user, after a few years you'll end up with a
balance of about 500 quid with no chance of it ever getting used up...

We will stick with 3 at 3p a minute that has no expiry. That is my
Aberdeen blood coming out.
Derek

Old November 5th 18, 11:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 05/11/2018 22:46, DerekF wrote:

We will stick with 3 at 3p a minute that has no expiry. That is my
Aberdeen blood coming out.
Derek

That's what we're on, with Three. I also have a standby SIM on O2 at the
same rate, and despite reports to the contrary, that doesn't expire
either, I checked with both O2 CS and two separate O2 shops.

Old November 6th 18, 01:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 17:53:18 +0000, MissRiaElaine
wrote:

On 05/11/2018 17:02, DerekF wrote:

OK, I found it:
Our only requirement is that you top-up by 10 at least once every 120
days. All unused credit rolls over, so you never lose it.

Top up by 10 and your next top-up won't be due for another 120 days

And if you're a VERY light user, after a few years you'll end up with a
balance of about 500 quid with no chance of it ever getting used up...

I'd probably be considered a light user as I only spend a few weeks in
the UK each year. 1pMobile works for me as I need something that I can
forget about for at least a year and still rely on having a working
SIM when I arrive.

I find I can easily use up the credit accumulated after a year away.
It just needs a couple of data packs it's consumed already.
Old November 6th 18, 09:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

wrote:

On 05/11/2018 17:02, DerekF wrote:

OK, I found it:
Our only requirement is that you top-up by 10 at least once every 120
days. All unused credit rolls over, so you never lose it.

Top up by 10 and your next top-up won't be due for another 120 days

And if you're a VERY light user, after a few years you'll end up with a
balance of about 500 quid with no chance of it ever getting used up...

I'd probably be considered a light user as I only spend a few weeks in
the UK each year. 1pMobile works for me as I need something that I can
forget about for at least a year and still rely on having a working
SIM when I arrive.

I find I can easily use up the credit accumulated after a year away.
It just needs a couple of data packs it's consumed already.

Or it can be used to give to charity or an entry to competition on TV
to win a holiday break, via a text.

--
brightside S9
Old November 6th 18, 10:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 05/11/2018 23:34, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 05/11/2018 22:46, DerekF wrote:

We will stick with 3 at 3p a minute that has no expiry. That is my
Aberdeen blood coming out.
Derek

That's what we're on, with Three. I also have a standby SIM on O2 at the
same rate, and despite reports to the contrary, that doesn't expire
either, I checked with both O2 CS and two separate O2 shops.

Aberdonians are smart with money.
Derek

Old November 7th 18, 06:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 05/11/2018 23:34, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 05/11/2018 22:46, DerekF wrote:

We will stick with 3 at 3p a minute that has no expiry. That is my
Aberdeen blood coming out.
Derek

That's what we're on, with Three. I also have a standby SIM on O2 at the
same rate, and despite reports to the contrary, that doesn't expire
either, I checked with both O2 CS and two separate O2 shops.

I don't see which o2 deal that you are using
Derek
Old November 7th 18, 01:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 07/11/2018 06:32, DerekF wrote:
On 05/11/2018 23:34, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 05/11/2018 22:46, DerekF wrote:

We will stick with 3 at 3p a minute that has no expiry. That is my
Aberdeen blood coming out.
Derek

That's what we're on, with Three. I also have a standby SIM on O2 at
the same rate, and despite reports to the contrary, that doesn't
expire either, I checked with both O2 CS and two separate O2 shops.

I don't see which o2 deal that you are using
Derek

Just the bog standard PAYG. It's the same rate as Three; 3p/min calls,
2p/text, 1p/Mb data. There were reports that you had to top up to keep
it live, regardless of whether you made calls or not, but this is not
the case.

Old November 7th 18, 03:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 07/11/2018 13:53, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 07/11/2018 06:32, DerekF wrote:
On 05/11/2018 23:34, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 05/11/2018 22:46, DerekF wrote:

We will stick with 3 at 3p a minute that has no expiry. That is my
Aberdeen blood coming out.
Derek

That's what we're on, with Three. I also have a standby SIM on O2 at
the same rate, and despite reports to the contrary, that doesn't
expire either, I checked with both O2 CS and two separate O2 shops.

I don't see which o2 deal that you are using
Derek

Just the bog standard PAYG. It's the same rate as Three; 3p/min calls,
2p/text, 1p/Mb data. There were reports that you had to top up to keep
it live, regardless of whether you made calls or not, but this is not
the case.

They changed the terms in July from requiring a top-up to requiring
regular use.

Dave
Old November 7th 18, 11:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 07/11/2018 13:53, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 07/11/2018 06:32, DerekF wrote:
On 05/11/2018 23:34, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 05/11/2018 22:46, DerekF wrote:

We will stick with 3 at 3p a minute that has no expiry. That is my
Aberdeen blood coming out.
Derek

That's what we're on, with Three. I also have a standby SIM on O2 at
the same rate, and despite reports to the contrary, that doesn't
expire either, I checked with both O2 CS and two separate O2 shops.

I don't see which o2 deal that you are using
Derek

Just the bog standard PAYG. It's the same rate as Three; 3p/min calls,
2p/text, 1p/Mb data. There were reports that you had to top up to keep
it live, regardless of whether you made calls or not, but this is not
the case.

Back when I used o2 as my ISP I could make free texts from my PC until
they sold out to Sky.
Derek
Old November 7th 18, 11:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 07/11/2018 15:08, David Wade wrote:
[...]

Thank you. It is not apparent from their web site offers.
Derek