Old November 3rd 18, 10:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Talk Home PAYG

My wife and I have each had Talk Home PAYG SIMS for a few years, the
attraction being that calls to other Talk Home users are free. We only
use them to call each other and make a call to another number once a
month to keep the card valid.
We each have a 3 SIM that we use for our other calls. Looking at the
Talk Home site the only options I now see are for 30 day plans.
I tried to top up from my phone as I had previously and it told me that
I had already used the maximum number of payments allowed on this account.
I presume that any voucher I buy would also only be for 30 day plans.
Derek

Old November 4th 18, 10:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 03/11/2018 22:57, DerekF wrote:
My wife and I have each had Talk Home PAYG SIMS for a few years, the
attraction being that calls to other Talk Home users are free. We only
use them to call each other and make a call to another number once a
month to keep the card valid.
We each have a 3 SIM that we use for our other calls. Looking at the
Talk Home site the only options I now see are for 30 day plans.
I tried to top up from my phone as I had previously and it told me that
I had already used the maximum number of payments allowed on this account.
I presume that any voucher I buy would also only be for 30 day plans.
Derek

To be fair it looks like you found a deal that was too good to be true
and that has proven to be correct....

Given it costs mobile networks money to provide you service you shjould
really expect to pay for it.
Old November 4th 18, 01:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Someone Somewhere writes:

[...]

There are 10 operators who offer free calls and texts to their other
customers, and another 2 who do free calls only. This is sometimes
called on-net.

Most plans restrict this to 30 days after a top-up. The exception is
giffgaff with a 90 day period.

--
Pete Forman
https://payg.pythonanywhere.com
Old November 5th 18, 12:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 04/11/2018 10:58, Someone Somewhere wrote:
[...]

Have had it for at least five years and why should I pay to talk to my
wife :-)
Can try this one next.
https://www.1pmobile.com/
Derek
Old November 5th 18, 12:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

[...]

Calls to other numbers were 15p a minute although they advertise some
much cheaper ones.
Derek

Old November 5th 18, 09:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 00:03:19 +0000, DerekF
wrote:

[...]

That'll cost you 10 every 4 months MINIMUM.

--
brightside S9
Old November 5th 18, 04:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

wrote:

[...]

It says:
Credit rollover.
Your credit lasts as long as your account is active, with no credit
expiry period.
Derek

Old November 5th 18, 05:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

wrote:

[...]

OK, I found it:
Our only requirement is that you top-up by £10 at least once every 120
days. All unused credit rolls over, so you never lose it.

Top up by £10 and your next top-up won't be due for another 120 days

Drerek
Old November 5th 18, 05:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 05/11/2018 17:02, DerekF wrote:

OK, I found it:
Our only requirement is that you top-up by £10 at least once every 120
days. All unused credit rolls over, so you never lose it.

Top up by £10 and your next top-up won't be due for another 120 days

And if you're a VERY light user, after a few years you'll end up with a
balance of about 500 quid with no chance of it ever getting used up...