Old November 10th 18, 02:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Alcatel 1040G - PC Suite?

Just bought an Alcatel 1040G as a minimum function phone.

I would like to be able to manage it from a PC (Windows or Linux) so I can
edit the contacts and if possible send SMS messages.

You know, just like the old Nokia PC Suite all those years ago.

Searching online gives me several domain names with "alcatel" in them
offering software, but nothing that looks like a proper Alcatel owned
domain.

Is there such software which will work with this Alcatel phone?

I hazily recall some Linux software for phone management but that
obviously depends on the functionality in the phone.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Old November 11th 18, 11:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Try here https://www.alcatelmobile.com/

Old November 14th 18, 09:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 11:27:24 +0000, Chris wrote:

David wrote:
Just bought an Alcatel 1040G as a minimum function phone.

I would like to be able to manage it from a PC (Windows or Linux) so I
can edit the contacts and if possible send SMS messages.

You know, just like the old Nokia PC Suite all those years ago.

Searching online gives me several domain names with "alcatel" in them
offering software, but nothing that looks like a proper Alcatel owned
domain.

Try here https://www.alcatelmobile.com/

Couldn't be a bit more specific could you?

Like pointing me to a specific software product?

I should have been more specific, though. Searches for PC Suite turn up
many domains but not the genuine Alcatel domain.

Cheers

Dave R

--
Dell XPS laptop running W8.1
Old November 15th 18, 07:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

David wrote:
Just bought an Alcatel 1040G as a minimum function phone.

I would like to be able to manage it from a PC (Windows or Linux) so I
can edit the contacts and if possible send SMS messages.

You know, just like the old Nokia PC Suite all those years ago.

Searching online gives me several domain names with "alcatel" in them
offering software, but nothing that looks like a proper Alcatel owned
domain.

Try here https://www.alcatelmobile.com/

Couldn't be a bit more specific could you?

Like pointing me to a specific software product?

You asked for a genuine domain.

I should have been more specific, though. Searches for PC Suite turn up
many domains but not the genuine Alcatel domain.

I don't know for sure but i doubt that kind of software exists anymore. I
haven't seen or heard of any for years.