Old November 14th 18, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Old Orange plans disappearing

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 15:40:57 +0000, Tony Mountifield wrote:

In article , Chris wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
I have an old legacy Orange SIM that was sold on the basis of getting 5
free SMS messages a day for life. The other day I got a message stating
that the plan is closing and all users are going to be migrated to
wonderful new EE plans.

Not impressed. Fortunately it is now only a spare number I use if I want
to send a message to someone I don't want to know my main number, but
it's still annoying.

You can use #31# on mobiles to hide your number like 141 on landlines.

You can use 141 on mobiles too. Just tried it.

But I've found you can't do the reverse with 1470 - you need *31#

Old November 14th 18, 06:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Tony Mountifield wrote:
In article , Chris wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
I have an old legacy Orange SIM that was sold on the basis of getting 5
free SMS messages a day for life. The other day I got a message stating
that the plan is closing and all users are going to be migrated to
wonderful new EE plans.

Not impressed. Fortunately it is now only a spare number I use if I want
to send a message to someone I don't want to know my main number, but
it's still annoying.

You can use #31# on mobiles to hide your number like 141 on landlines.

You can use 141 on mobiles too. Just tried it.

Must be network specific as it didn't work for my wife on Idmobile.

Old November 14th 18, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 14/11/2018 18:19, Chris wrote:
Tony Mountifield wrote:
In article , Chris wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
I have an old legacy Orange SIM that was sold on the basis of getting 5
free SMS messages a day for life. The other day I got a message stating
that the plan is closing and all users are going to be migrated to
wonderful new EE plans.

Not impressed. Fortunately it is now only a spare number I use if I want
to send a message to someone I don't want to know my main number, but
it's still annoying.

You can use #31# on mobiles to hide your number like 141 on landlines.

You can use 141 on mobiles too. Just tried it.

Must be network specific as it didn't work for my wife on Idmobile.

Didn't work for me, either.

Old November 15th 18, 02:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Tony Mountifield wrote:
In article , Chris wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
I have an old legacy Orange SIM that was sold on the basis of getting 5
free SMS messages a day for life. The other day I got a message stating
that the plan is closing and all users are going to be migrated to
wonderful new EE plans.

Not impressed. Fortunately it is now only a spare number I use if I want
to send a message to someone I don't want to know my main number, but
it's still annoying.

You can use #31# on mobiles to hide your number like 141 on landlines.

You can use 141 on mobiles too. Just tried it.

Must be network specific as it didn't work for my wife on Idmobile.

Didn't work for me, either.

That's odd. 141 has worked on every mobile phone I've ever had. It's
a prefix, not a stand-alone command.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old November 15th 18, 02:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Tony Mountifield wrote:
In article , Chris wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
I have an old legacy Orange SIM that was sold on the basis of getting 5
free SMS messages a day for life. The other day I got a message stating
that the plan is closing and all users are going to be migrated to
wonderful new EE plans.

Not impressed. Fortunately it is now only a spare number I use if I want
to send a message to someone I don't want to know my main number, but
it's still annoying.

You can use #31# on mobiles to hide your number like 141 on landlines.

You can use 141 on mobiles too. Just tried it.

Must be network specific as it didn't work for my wife on Idmobile.

Didn't work for me, either.

That's odd. 141 has worked on every mobile phone I've ever had. It's
a prefix, not a stand-alone command.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%