Old December 30th 18, 11:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Reluctantly moving to a smartphone.

"MB" wrote in message news
On 23/12/2018 09:59, David Wade wrote:
So its Samuel Smiths pubs for you from now on, as those are I believe
going cash only. On the other hand these will be out

I wonder if an objection could be made to the licensing authority when a
public house discriminates against many customer?

not unless you can show that it discriminates for an unlawful reason

Old December 30th 18, 01:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 30/12/2018 11:09, tim... wrote:

"MB" wrote in message news
On 23/12/2018 09:59, David Wade wrote:
So its Samuel Smiths pubs for you from now on, as those are I believe
going cash only. On the other hand these will be out

I wonder if an objection could be made to the licensing authority when
a public house discriminates against many customer?

not unless you can show that it discriminates for an unlawful reason

I was thinking of licensing law rather discrimination laws.
Old December 30th 18, 02:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"MB" wrote in message ...
On 30/12/2018 11:09, tim... wrote:

"MB" wrote in message news
On 23/12/2018 09:59, David Wade wrote:
So its Samuel Smiths pubs for you from now on, as those are I believe
going cash only. On the other hand these will be out

I wonder if an objection could be made to the licensing authority when a
public house discriminates against many customer?

not unless you can show that it discriminates for an unlawful reason

I was thinking of licensing law rather discrimination laws.

Surly licensing law allows you to exclude customers for any reason, provided
that the reason is not an unlawful discrimination.

Specifically, customers who get arsy and may be about to create a public
nuisance, is exactly the type of customer who can lawfully be excluded.

tim

Old December 30th 18, 11:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Yes it does, but if the licensee refuses service his/her licenses be challenged, and if for discriminatory reasons is likely to be revoked, not withstanding possible criminal sanctions.
Old December 31st 18, 01:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 30/12/2018 11:09, tim... wrote:

"MB" wrote in message news
On 23/12/2018 09:59, David Wade wrote:
So its Samuel Smiths pubs for you from now on, as those are I believe
going cash only. On the other hand these will be out

I wonder if an objection could be made to the licensing authority when
a public house discriminates against many customer?

not unless you can show that it discriminates for an unlawful reason

When I worked in pubs in the late 70's the gaffer could bar anyone for
any reason he liked, and he didn't have to tell you why, either.

I suspect in these politically correct times things are different.